Love this car!!!
By bphilippi on
1993 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon
I bought my 240 DL wagon used in 1997. It had 22,000 miles on it and looked/drove like it was brand new. It now (2011) has 146,000 original miles on it and is going strong - I have no plans whatsoever to get another car any time soon. It is absolutely like a member of the family. Mine is automatic (only automatic I've ever owned) and is 761/1800 from the final classic series of the last run made of this model. Funny when I was shopping for cars, I actually found three wagons in the greater LA area from this same last edition...Can't say enough about it. It's not a performance vehicle, hence the three stars and comparing it to new luxury cars, it's not as comfortable, otherwise it's perfect!!
Favorite Features
It is incredibly well made - has lots of attention to detail, is really solid and I like the fact that there are not many out there on the road anymore, so I feel like I have something special. I periodically (maybe one a year or every 18 months or so) receive offers from people who would like to buy it from me . It's not for sale. I have had the same Volvo mechanic take care of it for almost as long as I have had it, it is routinely serviced and very well cared for and I hope to be driving it for another 20 years!
Suggested Improvements
None.