2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Room to spare in a quality affordable Sedan.
By clintondee on 09/14/14 20:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My '14 Passat is a real nice car that actually is quite simple to operate. Interior design is classic and the exterior may seam a bit boring at first, but at different angles the cars exterior lines show the true elegance of the car. I paid 18,700 for the 21,900 sticker car and got 0% financing to boot. So for the price of a focus or corolla I was able to get a sweet Passat that is extremely roomy and just as efficient as those two cars.

Really like it.
By flbntz on 09/13/14 18:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Elegant design, inside, and out. Understated. Stereo is great. Feel much smaller to drive than it looks. Feels very light, easy to drive. 1.8l turbo has some punch, especially with what feels to be the vehicle's light weight.

Loving my passat
By fastex1531 on 07/31/14 22:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just purchased the Wolfsburg edition and I am absolutely loving it. Great handling and good power. I am also averaging about 28 mpg in mix driving. I'm sure it will improve as it breaks in. I love the interior. It simple but elegant. Fantastic value as I purchased it during the $1000 turbo rebate promo.

Did GM build this car or did VW?
By wniece on 07/31/14 17:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I have owned 5 VW's in the past and this is my 6th and the last! Right from the start the back window had to be replaced because it was warped, bubbled and defective. Over a week in the shop. The Fender sound system is great but the top bar under the windshield cracks and rattles detracting from the sound. 3x times trying to fix that. The suspension crashes and bangs over bumps - going in for the fourth time to fix that! And, now the steering rack and column was defective - 13 days in the shop! And, what's up with styrofoam foam under the front passenger seat, foam packing in the trunk hinges?? Numerous rattles and creaks from the interior. What happened VW? Extremely disappointed. Stay away

Fahrvergnugen! Driving enjoyment!
By avidr on 07/19/14 13:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I sampled quite a few --Accord, Camry, Mazda6, Fusion, Sonata, etc. The Passat felt the most tuned in. I love the torque curve that kicks in a very low rpms. Up-shifts come quickly, which makes the Passat seem like it has long legs. I'm getting nearly 30 mpg in town. It really favors soft-pedalling the gas, but has plenty of juice when needed. Handling is excellent. Seats are comfortable. No squeaks or rattles. Soaks up bumps smoothly. Overall build quality seems to be right on. No USB port?!, so I bought a dual outlet converter. The Bluetooth works very well. Plenty of room. Stickered for $27,500, I paid $24,200, plus 0.9% financing.

Bigger is Better...
By marusik on 06/06/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Being in the market for a mid-size family car in the most competitive segment, I found the Passat quite a balanced choice. The combination of performance and spaciousness is very accommodating. The 1.8 Turbo breaths smoothly and effortless, marking a significant difference, especially when your weekend driving involves a few mountain ranges (which will surprise some V8 drivers out there). The six-speed automatic shifts seamlessly (almost as a CVT without the retrofitting side-effect). Power is always available thanks to the engine's low end torque. In fewer words, I just love the driving dynamics of the Passat regardless of the package you choose.

Pleasing Passat Performance...
By djefferson on 04/13/14 16:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I needed and affordable sedan with good room for kids and extended family and looked at Accord,Mazda 6,Fusion and Passat. I also was shopping for a real discount beyond True-Car prices the decision was then left to 2 choices..Accord/Passat. I drove both Accord Sport/EX and Passat Wolfsburg/SE w/roof and noticed that the Passat was a bit quieter on the road and offered a nicer stereo Hwy ride than the Accord. I also has read about the CVT shudder and didn't want to have to deal that as a potential issue. When making a final decision I found VW was more aggressive with incentives of about $4000, rates of 0-1% and more for my trade..

Best car for the Money
By kriley50 on 03/27/14 05:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

What I love about his car is the Turbo engine. Plenty of power when you need it and excellent fuel economy as well. I love the way the car drives. German engineered cars are just fun to drive period. The seats are comfortable and the Cabin is extremely roomy. I just love the way the interior is laid out. The best thing about this car is the price. I paid around 26k for an SE and I feel like I got a ton of car for the money. I just don't think there is a better deal out there.

MY 2014 Passat TSI SE Experience
By aku2 on 03/21/14 17:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got my 2014 Passat TSI SE in October 2013 and I like the car for its driving performance with excellent fuel efficiency. I get up to 36 highway MPG and for my commuting route I get 33 MPG. I noticed I get the best MPG when my speed is between 45 and 75 MPH. I have 7000 miles on my car and lifetime MPG is 31 MPG. On my commuting route when I drive 2007 or 2010 4 cylinder Camry I only get 27 MPG. I like the music system design that produce clear sound without a need significantly increase audio level while on the noisy highway. I have driven Passat competitor vehicle and noticed high wind noise that makes it hard to listen to music.

Best Value
By licheenut on 01/05/14 20:39 PM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 1/14 (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We were looking for a car that had an upscale feel and appearance without the upscale cost. We were also looking for a car that was fuel efficient and did not want a hybrid. The 2014 VW Passat Wolfsburg met most of our criteria. It looks great and handles well on all types of driving conditions. The 1.8 turbocharged four cylinder engine gets decent MPG but feels a little underpowered. However, it is quick enough to safely merge onto highways with adequate power for most situations. My wife and I really love this car and would recommend it to others.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan in VA is:

$205 per month*