2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Bigger is Better...
By marusik on 06/06/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Being in the market for a mid-size family car in the most competitive segment, I found the Passat quite a balanced choice. The combination of performance and spaciousness is very accommodating. The 1.8 Turbo breaths smoothly and effortless, marking a significant difference, especially when your weekend driving involves a few mountain ranges (which will surprise some V8 drivers out there). The six-speed automatic shifts seamlessly (almost as a CVT without the retrofitting side-effect). Power is always available thanks to the engine's low end torque. In fewer words, I just love the driving dynamics of the Passat regardless of the package you choose.

Pleasing Passat Performance...
By djefferson on 04/13/14 16:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I needed and affordable sedan with good room for kids and extended family and looked at Accord,Mazda 6,Fusion and Passat. I also was shopping for a real discount beyond True-Car prices the decision was then left to 2 choices..Accord/Passat. I drove both Accord Sport/EX and Passat Wolfsburg/SE w/roof and noticed that the Passat was a bit quieter on the road and offered a nicer stereo Hwy ride than the Accord. I also has read about the CVT shudder and didn't want to have to deal that as a potential issue. When making a final decision I found VW was more aggressive with incentives of about $4000, rates of 0-1% and more for my trade..

Best car for the Money
By kriley50 on 03/27/14 05:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

What I love about his car is the Turbo engine. Plenty of power when you need it and excellent fuel economy as well. I love the way the car drives. German engineered cars are just fun to drive period. The seats are comfortable and the Cabin is extremely roomy. I just love the way the interior is laid out. The best thing about this car is the price. I paid around 26k for an SE and I feel like I got a ton of car for the money. I just don't think there is a better deal out there.

MY 2014 Passat TSI SE Experience
By aku2 on 03/21/14 17:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got my 2014 Passat TSI SE in October 2013 and I like the car for its driving performance with excellent fuel efficiency. I get up to 36 highway MPG and for my commuting route I get 33 MPG. I noticed I get the best MPG when my speed is between 45 and 75 MPH. I have 7000 miles on my car and lifetime MPG is 31 MPG. On my commuting route when I drive 2007 or 2010 4 cylinder Camry I only get 27 MPG. I like the music system design that produce clear sound without a need significantly increase audio level while on the noisy highway. I have driven Passat competitor vehicle and noticed high wind noise that makes it hard to listen to music.

Best Value
By licheenut on 01/05/14 20:39 PM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 1/14 (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We were looking for a car that had an upscale feel and appearance without the upscale cost. We were also looking for a car that was fuel efficient and did not want a hybrid. The 2014 VW Passat Wolfsburg met most of our criteria. It looks great and handles well on all types of driving conditions. The 1.8 turbocharged four cylinder engine gets decent MPG but feels a little underpowered. However, it is quick enough to safely merge onto highways with adequate power for most situations. My wife and I really love this car and would recommend it to others.

Best Christmas suprise ever!
By stephenleblanc on 12/08/13 05:45 AM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The only reason I didn't score a 5 on the "Fun to drive" score, is because I traded in a 2.0T EOS with DSG for it. My girlfriend FELL IN LOVE with a Passat loaner. I would say I'm thrilled with about 99% of the Passat. Here's the short list of things that, to me, could be better: the sun visors FEEL cheap. (In the EOS too) the stereo sound quality is inferior to the one I had in the EOS. (disappointed) If this is all a chronic complainer can find, I say it's all good!

What the heck?
By pandmonk on 11/18/13 11:19 AM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SEL Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is fun to drive and gets good fuel economy. However, it has a loud cabin and wind noise is loud. The fuel economy is great. However, the back up camera and audio system are so slow to respond, you want to just punch the system in frustration. My Ipod cable doesn't work after two cables were tried, my back up camera takes 15-20 seconds to kick on when I put the car in reverse. Lastly, for a vehicle that is fully loaded and MSRP's in the $32K range, it doesn't come with a USB Port? Even a work truck Silverado comes with 2 USB ports. Overall, I can't wait to get rid of this car. I will never buy or recommend a VW product after this experience.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*