Used 2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Great car
By Robert Dudas

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Most Reliable Vehicle
By Athomas

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I have owned my 2014 Passat for almost two years. I took a step down from the CC which I miss very much and the only reason for some 4 stars is comparing to the CC in performance which is to be expected as the CC is a high performance vehicle. I have had no problems with the Passat. It is the utmost reliable vehicle I have ever owned and for that reason, I am holding onto her. I am a high mileage driver and plan to keep her for at least 100K although the VW's are strong vehicles that I know they go way over 100K (I should have kept my CC as I was spoilt with performance but at 100k, I chicken a little bit as a single parent. My highest recommendations go to the Passat on looks, reliability and price.

Worst vehicle I've ever had
By Smitty

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The NAV is not user friendly. When you enter the car, the media plays whatever it wants to even if your apps aren't open. The display changes from whatever setting you've selected to show that you're making a call and to whom you're calling; so if you had it set on the speed you have to change it back after starting or ending the call. As soon as the a/c was out of warranty the compressor went out. I have had it replaced less than a week and it's gone out again. Besides the fact that my TDI has no value because of the lies the company told, the car is a piece of crap.

My first VW - 2014 Passat 1.8L T
By Jeff D.

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 1/14 (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have test drove several used or certified VW vehicles in last month (Passat diesel 2.0L, Passat 2.5 L Manual, Passat 2.5L Auto, and Jetta 2.5 L Auto). I was able to test drive the 1.8L Turbo automatic - and I was sold as soon has I hit the gas pedal. It has great acceleration. After my first week of driving I was able to drive +400 miles for city and some highway driving. I filled up with 1/4 tank of gas and it cost me less than $24.00. The electronics (cluster, radio, and Hvac are decent). I picked the VW becuase of the simple styling. I chose the Passat over the Jetta due to additional space. I am very happy with my purchase. I hope to be a VW consumer for a long time. :)

Car to catch
By Christopher encinas

2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I travel a lot and rent a lot this is the best car i have ever driven and i have driven some of the best makes and model