2007 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Love My Jetta

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

Love My Jetta
By Franco Lopez on

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love my new Jetta. All I have done to it is add a small Bazooka to have some punch to the music in the car. It drives great and feels like a tank compared to other Japanese cars that I had test driven prior to this one. To show me how well built it was, the 200 lbs. salesman hung himself on the door for 5 seconds, and the door still closed perfectly! He said: "Don't try this on a Honda." I thought that was funny. I love the Tiptronic automatic transmission and the sports mode, which gives me a pseudo-manual feel of a sporty driving experience. The rigid suspension helps in this as well. After test driving several makes and models, as soon as I drove the Jetta I knew that was my next car.

I love the heated seats! It only takes them about 30 seconds to warm up, even when starting the car on a winter morning (I do have a garage, though). Also, I love the MP3 connection. The heated water for the wipers is a nice feature as well. All four windows go up or down when you press the button once.

The iPod connector should be somewhere else other than the glove compartment, so that I do not have to choose between pinching the cable or have to drive with the glove compartment open. Other than this, I really feel like I got a great car for my money.