Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

VW saved my life again.
By Jeromy

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Totaled my 93 Corrado in 2005. A few VWs later, I purchased a used Jetta after totaling the old Scion xB. There Wolfsburg had great seats, Aux port back in 07! Smooth shifting give speed with the wonderful but thirsty 5 cylinder engine. I loved this car to no end. Bought it October of 2015 and totaled on 22 December 2015. I was driving to work and blacked out around a curve going the posted speed limit of 55mph. crashed into a ditch, flipped violently five times and lucky came to test on the wheels. The car had cracked there engine block, radiator, before the transmission case in half and the car was absolutely mangled. I was airlifted to the trauma center in Wilmington and released that day. The tire truck operator had already marked the vehicle thinking that I died. Paramedics were shocked that I lived. There build quality was outstanding. The only reason I'm alive is there fact that these cars were engineered for that kind of thing. the passenger compartment stayed intact. the seat belts broke but I was okay. I actually wrote VWoA about this and they were in awe. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy after the accident. Next car will be my fifth VW, when I can drive again.

My Dream Car
By Jennifer

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This was my dream car. I bought it new for a good price back in 2007. The front seats are comfortable but theres not much space for the back unless you drive with small children. The AUX hook up is very inconvenient, it is located on the far upper right side of the glove box (inside). The a/c is actually really loud, you pretty much have to yell with your passengers to hear. The a/c vents in the back do not blow as much as what they should. I had to replace the outside door panel (black part) because of the South Florida sun beating on it. So in the beginning it was a very good, reliable car. Once you hit the 65k+ miles on it that's when the problems start .. first my a/c went. At first they told me it was the antifreeze but then it turned out to be the compressor which cost a lot. Then my coolant holder broke, unknowingly I was driving from work and I noticed that the engine temp was sky high I pulled over only to see that it had broken. The leather seats began to crack and the dealership said to repair it would cost a lot. My car currently has 83k miles and the transmission is starting to go. Needless to say, I am getting rid of it and getting a new NON-Volkswagen vehicle.

Good car at first but just be aware of the costly repairs down the road.

2007 GLI
By Lisa Hughet

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My previous car was a 2006 VW Jetta Value Edition so as I love VW's I knew what I was looking for. The 2007 GLI version is just as solid a car on the road but the turbo makes it a little more fun. My only complaint so far is fairly minor- there is a rattle in the trunk that I haven't been able to identify yet. All in all I love my GLI and have gotten lots of compliments!

Love it
By Greg

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The only couple issues i have are the aux jack in the glove box and the space between the center console and stick shift seems to be to far away. Then again the console lid is adjustable. But ive had no problems and the car is perfect. This is my second jetta and I'll never own anything else!

TransmisiĆ³n failure
By Cleiver

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2007 brand new. For my niece and she only drove about 15 miles per day. When this car had 75k the transmission broken down. I honestly don't recommend this kind of piece of garbage.