Used 2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

2000 VW Jetta GL TDI
By GLM

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDi 4dr Sedan

I love the low RPM torque the little diesel puts out. It requires only minimal changes in throttle settings to climb hills. My automatic transmission has been perfect. Timing belt changes are the norm for all current vehicles and this is an somewhat expensive procedure. Not the best build quality and lots of rattles and other noises have developed. Occassional "Check Engine" lights but VW's seem to have these and they usually go away on their own. This car should not be a daily driver for a non-mechanic. Too much trouble on the little things. Expensive to repair. Really bad CD changer in trunk. 600+ miles to the tank.

The engine, with it's wonderful low RPM torque. Great mileage, even with an automatic transmission (38 town, 45 highway). Starts immediately. Good trunk space.

Better build quality in interior. Better audio components, especially the CD players and speakers. More accurate speedometer and fuel gauge. Better seat adjustment mechanics.

unreliable dream car
By Dan

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDi 4dr Sedan

I bought my TDI used with 20,000 miles on it. It now has 120,000 miles. The car is fun to drive and gets great gas mileage but that's all I can say good about it. I have had trouble with A/C 3 times, pwr windows, hardware falling off, engine immobilizer, light bulbs, radio reception, and ... The worst part is the quality of service. I have tried 3 different dealers. I've had 8 VW's over the years but this is the last one!!

Mileage, handling

Dealer network, reliability. 2 months and 3 dealers to fix anything.

Jetta TDI
By Georgia

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDi 4dr Sedan

I have owned this TDI for 6 yrs and have been very happy. It has over 300k and is running strong. Every feature still works (heated seats). We get an adverage of 51 mpg. and we just purchased a second one for my husband.

heated seats, comfortable seats, sunroof and fun to drive.

better cup holders. Sun glass holder.

great great mpg
By leo1979

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDi 4dr Sedan

great car it sips diesel great mileage i drive 236 miles a day with only a problem with the a/c sent it to shop 3 times different shops

milage,exterior design fast car handling

cup holders and plastic delicate very flimsy

I love my tdi
By diesel3276

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDi 4dr Sedan

I love my jetta tdi very reliable and never had any Major problems besides the plastic cover on the bottom of the jetta. The only other thing is the timing belt I haven't had it fixed yet because it is 900.00 and nothing can happen to the car if I don't get a new one. The gas mileage is amazing I probably fill it up every three months in gets about 45-50 mpg. And it the most fun to drive car I have ever had in my life I can't wait till I get the new jetta tdi