Incredibly surprising and much more than expected.
By shaun_go_5 on
2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen S 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I took possession of a 2013 VW Jetta Sportswagen S on 10/13/12 and to say that this is my favorite drive out of all the vehicles that I've had would be an understatement. Being a brand loyalist I have had a VW through the ongoing phases of life starting with a Golf, passing through the Tiguan, and now my first wagon. The 2013 S Automatic Wagon feels like a well crafted luxury ride without the luxury price tag. The interior is comfortable, functional, and spacious. The exterior is sleek, with clean lines and a European look. The car is 170HP and 177 pounds of torque with a tiptronic (sport mode included) transmission that is simply fun to drive. Weekend trip 238 Miles on 1/5 tank of gas.
Favorite Features
Comfort, handling, acceleration/ deceleration, fuel economy, spaciousness.
Suggested Improvements
Offer leather seats with S model.
By lshepard
on 02/24/14 10:30 AM (PST)

I bought my 2013 Sportwagen S with 6 speed auto as a Certified Used Car in December 2013 from Coastal VW in Hanover, MA. They were easy to work with. It had 18,000 miles and only minor flaws. It replaced my 2013 Golf TDI (GLS 5 speed) which threw a valve at 182,000 miles. I love this wagon. It is quiet, responsive, takes regular gas and gets 35 mpg on the highway. I think it won't cost much more (if at all) to run than the Golf. The bluetooth and sound system are excellent standard features including floor lighting and good cloth upholstery with heated seats. I may replace the steel wheels with alloys and better tires, in the meantime the Hankook Optimos are fairly quiet even if they don't have the most grip, maybe the Conti's I used on the Golf. (Suggestions wanted here.)