The Van I Love and Hate
By Kate on
1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV 3dr Minivan
I bought my 1993 Volkswagen EuroVan for the interior space, which is phenominal! You can fit anything you need to into it from building materials to furniture to people. BUT it has been a pit that I have sunk a lot of money into repairing over and over. I've been towed so often the local towtruck driver knows it's me as soon as he gets the call! I love my van - I an just so disappointed that it hasn't been reliable. It is now worth more in parts than as a whole. I can't sell it because I love it, but can't drive it because it won't stay running.
Favorite Features
The visibility, the interior space and headroom, the back seats that face each other - great for outings with the kids, the table, that all the seats remove and create a HUGE amount of room, how it holds 4x8 sheets of plywood and keeps 'em out of the weather. The Eurovan is better than a pickup!
Suggested Improvements
Maybe the later models got better, but the reliability has gotten poorer and poorer the older it has gotten. the steering wheel cumbersome. It needs more power (which later models got). It should be easier for the home mechanic to work on.