1992 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Great Car!!!
By timmy3005 on 08/21/12 22:30 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 2dr Coupe

First off i have had this Car for 2 years, and it is great! I got it for 2000$ with 92000 miles, it has 109000 now. Nothing bad that i could ever say about it. It gets 32 MPG. I would like to point out that what "histrclgenius" said in the previous review is not true, we'll about all Tercel's anyway. Mine has never burned oil. Mine gets way better MPG than my Grandmas 2001 Corolla. As far as handling, it handles like a Toyota. lol. But don't let what he said effect your decision, its great little car for getting around town, or trips if your Family is small. I went to New York in it, on about 130$ of gas overall, and that was about 1200 miles both way. So don't be afraid, its a great car!!!

Environmental Hazard on Wheels
By histrclgenius on 07/03/12 13:45 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I purchased this used with 106k miles. It was to replace my 1984 corolla. I don't see many improvements in the 8 years. In fact, the 1984 was superior with better suspension and fuel economy. That being said, it is extremely reliable and for the money, is an incredible value. The engine burns more oil than a rebel attack on a Nigerian pipeline - I add one quart every 400 miles. This issue is prevalent according to other owners I spoken with but doesn't seem to affect performance or longevity. So, if you can deal with a fog of blue smoke every morning, riding around with a 5 quart bottle of 10w-40 as your passenger and serial condescending glances, this is the car for you.

92 tercel 298,000 miles 4 on the floor!
By ripper on 02/26/10 14:18 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

This is an awesome little fuel saver. it has 298,000 miles on it and runs like a little champ. it has the 4 spd. manual trans. (which I love!!) gets about 37 mpg!! and is very peppy. If there ever was a perfect car...this one is very close.

Built to last
By Toyota Tercel 2dr co on 02/28/09 10:37 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for almost a week now and have to say that this car, (my third) was by far the best investment choice I made. With $20, I filled up the tank and I'm set for the week. The mpg is by far superb and combined with the manual transmission factor, coming up with gas money is the least of my worries. My T-cel drives surprisingly smooth for a car that has 125,000+ Mi. The interior is no frills but takes me to where I need to go efficiently and with ease. This is my first Toyota and would recommend this car to anyone.

Old trusty
By Andy K. on 07/15/07 21:21 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

I had this vehicle from January 1998 (bought used at 50,000 miles) and ran it into the ground. In February 2006, I had put the odometer over 200,000 miles. Reliability and longevity are hallmarks of Toyota's products, and the Tercel is no exception. In the 8 years I had it, I had to put about $2,000 in repairs over the course of ownership - an amazingly small amount. If you can find one of these today under 100,000 miles, expect to get 100,000 more. Great steering too. An excellent choice for a teen driver's first car.

Can't be beat for less $
By Matt on 01/29/06 03:09 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

If you're looking for a cheap car that you never have to worry about, look no further. It has absolutely no features, but runs like a champ. In the 3 years ive had one, ive put over 30,000 miles on it. At 140,000 miles, i have put a total of onlt $60 into it for repairs. While it may not be the safest car, it is by far the most economical vehicle i have ever driven. It's my second vehicle, used mainly for backup, but its nice to know that no matter what, the tercel will always start and never give me a problem. If you aren't worried about luxury, the tercel is the perfect car. It will never let you down and you will have it as long as you want. they never die. recommended to anyone.

GREAT
By ckee on 10/29/05 16:46 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

This was the very first car that I bought. Never had any major repairs until now (the timing belt broke and something happened with the flywheel). It has great mileage about 38mpg highway. Until it broke down this time it never left me stranded. The back seat is a little small. I love my T- cell and I would recommend it as a starter car because it is a good car. Im just ready for something bigger and more adult. If you are looking for something to buy your teenager for thier first car I strongly recommend this car. If can take a beating. There is very little maintenance, just tires oil and such.

Great little car
By andre on 09/28/05 01:25 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel LE 4dr Sedan

I'm now turning 225700 km and still proud of my Tercel. The body is in bad shape. No more rocker panels. Maybe I used to much soap. It sure was worth all of it's pennies. By the way it is still on the road and in March 2005 it passed the anti pollution test. Motor and tranny very good on this little car.

Great little car
By Cheryl on 04/13/05 21:23 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car for 13 years and it's been an awesome vehicle. Very dependable, extremely economical to drive. If I could be guaranteed another car exactly like this one, I'd buy it in a minute. It's not luxurious but for practicality, it can't be beat. I averaged about 36 mpg and very few major repairs. It'll break my heart when it's time to get a new one. But after 137,000+, it'll be time to part company soon, I'm afraid.

1992 Tercel
By brouzakis on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Tercel DX 4dr Sedan

The Tercel is a very reliable vehicle. I know that I can count on it at all times. It has given me very few problems. I have more confidence in this car than any car that I am considering purchasing. You really get to know the car and it really has a personality.