2014 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Interior Comfort and Design -- So Disappointed
By michellemc

2014 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my new 2014 Toyota Tacome V6 w/ Tow Pckg in April of this year. Been on a few trips this year. Getting a new vehicle was huge for me, of my own, as was getting a truck! I love love love having my own truck. And I have loved Toyotas in the past. So my heartbreak is quite profound regarding my experience. Interior comfort is horrible. The design of the seats is such that it makes a person hunch forward, and this cannot be alleviated with raising or lowering the headrest, or by adjusting the lumbar knob which really doesn't do much besides adjust the firmness of the seat behind your lower back. After 2.5 hours on the road, my back was screaming in pain. After 7, in tears.

Favorite Features

Things that make it a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Change the seat ergo design. Also, the airodynamics (sp?) around the vehicle. You cannot drive with the windows open without getting blasted in the ear with wind and your hair blown into your eyes. Improve the interior carpeting and how it's adhered or fastened to the interior. Using plastic tags/staples isn't very quality. Also, there's a "step" of unknown value installed in the forward left corner of the driver's foot space. This came dislodged within a week. !! Heartbreaking experience.

BEST TRUCK FOR THE MONEY
By bajataco

2014 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 of the the Tacoma product as well as an FJ and a Land Cruiser. I looked at all the choices out there when it came to spending approx $40,000 on a new vehicle. I ended up wiht a 2014 Tacoma TX Baja Access Cab in white. $37,605++ This truck is a whole lot of bang for the buck. The ergonomics are very well thought out from a drivers perspective. The seating is very non fatiguing on trips. The footprint is really what attracted me to this again as its a truck you can hop in and park anywhere, even a Trader Joes parking lot. You can also find and access a whole lot of trails a full size truck can not. the weight is such that you wil not get bogged down off road. TX Baja = Smiles

Favorite Features

The build quality is true Toyata fair! I can see why the resale value is so high on these trucks.

Suggested Improvements

more horsepower and better fuel economy. We all want this dont we?