2008 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Best Truck I ever owned!
By bobby33 on 02/20/08 14:24 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck 4 months ago. I traded in my 2003 Tacoma Xcab for this one! I loved my 2003 Tacoma but my 2008 has a much smoother ride. It rides like a car, I love it! Gas mileage isn't the greatest but it is a V-6 truck.

Excellent Truck
By Northerner on 02/17/08 08:45 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall very happy I bought this truck - I've wanted it since I was 16, so it's about time! After 2k miles, averaging 18 mpg, w/ a range of 15.5 to 21 for city/highway driving. Definitely rides like a truck. Very happy with 4x4 performance - safely got me & my friends to the mountain w/o any problems. Double cab rocks. Great engine. Not very comfortable on long highway rides - a 4 hour trip to Boston was not comfortable. A minor complaint: my right toe almost always hits the wiring harness directly above the brack pedal when I switch my foot from gas to brake (size 9.5 boot)...FYI. Again, though, very happy I bought this truck - it IS the vehicle that drives by you that you wish you had.

Great Truck!
By Kyle on 02/15/08 05:44 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this to replace my '01 Jeep Cherokee Sport. While it has the TRD Off Road package, it still rides better than the Cherokee did. I love it so far and can't see that that changing anytime soon.

Very impressed. Good job Toyota
By JP on 02/11/08 05:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new (3 miles on it) one week ago today. Had really been looking at Colorados but after seeing how sharp the black Tacoma w/Rugged Terrain package looked, reading lots and lots of reviews, and doing extensive research, I was hooked. I am glad I spent a couple thousand extra dollars to get too many extra features to count over the competitors, not to mention Toyota reliability. The truck rides smooth, almost like a car, but can turn into a mean mud-flinging machine off road. I have had it in the mud once and I was really impressed with the off-road ability, even in 4x4 high. The 4.0 liter V6 is amazing... extremely powerful throughout the power range, tons of torque.

Best Mid Size Truck Available
By Howard on 02/08/08 19:36 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Tacoma, and I find the quality of this vehicle far superior to any of the others that I have owned over the years. A solid, built tough truck, that is comfortable enough to take on a family vacation!!

All you'd expect and more
By Seaton on 02/06/08 19:44 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove an F150 and a Sliverado. Best fit for me was a truck that I could drive to work, and to the compost or Home Depot on the weekends - I'm not in the trades. This is my third Toyota (previous was a 4X2 Hilux and an '03 4X4 Tundra - both were great). Pros - mileage, interior design (esp. leg room) and overall appeal. Good sized back seat for the kids. As much or more interior room as a Honda Civic. On the down side, the truck rides a bit like a truck. Ford and Chev both rode more smoothly. Also, box is pretty tiny, so consider getting the long bed. I went Toyota because, well, it's a Toyota. I'm getting quality and I don't like spending money at the auto shop. VERY happy.

Great Truck
By Kip on 02/01/08 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded off a 97 T100 4x4. Smooth ride, great excelleration, plenty of room for my long legs, even in the back. Lots of storage and a good range of accessories to choose from. Have not yet used the bed tiedown feature but it looks promising. Overall I am very satisfied with this truck

Base 4x4 VG but needs basic amenities
By TBloch on 01/25/08 20:53 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Tacoma. The truck is nice and tight, no rattles or squeaks. Much bigger than my '96, which I don't like, but it rides and handles well. The bench seat is more comfortable than the one in my '96. The 2.7 engine is peppy. Wish I had opted for an automatic, but those are probably hard to find in a reg cab 4x4.

It's a Toyota
By dino on 12/31/07 15:45 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 5th toyota purchase and my first truck. I purchased the prerunner access cab 4cyl 5sp with the convenience package. It cost me $19,300 with 3 years of zero financing. Even though I liked the older body style this was a no brainer purchase. I wanted a truck that looked good and got decent gas mileage(20 to 25). It's like the old tacoma on steriods. It should last me quite awhile.

Vehicle is simply a marvel in all respects
By anthony C. Sokoly on 12/15/07 22:22 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Simply a phenomenon. All aspects of the vehicle are satisfactory and exceed my expectations, I am proud to drive this sexy vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.