Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Wow, Not What We Expected
By brightsun1

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 3rd Sienna. Always liked the solid quality of these cars. New interior panels are very hard and cheap looking. My wife loves all the convenience gadgets. But.. the sliding doors are starting to stick and the power steering is making a strange crunching noise. Took it to the dealer. Yes, Toyota is aware of these things. There is no fix. Now, some of the electronics seem to be intermittently failing. It is amazing to me that these things are happening if Toyota had tested them out before releasing production. Last model was higher quality.

Second row reclining seats with the DVD player. Wow.For a van, quite a bit of power to the road. Very quiet and good ride.

Go back to the old interior panels. Solve the mystery noises in the doors and engine.

A great minivan
By MyFirstMiniVan

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased a new 2011 Sienna Limited with Advanced Tech Pkg. Previous vehicle was gas-guzzling Lexus SUV. We really like all the options and technology it has to offer. Drove the 2011 Odyssey but for the $ we could get a lot more Sienna and a great family hauler that is noticeably quieter. The driver's seat could use some work with the headrest. At 6'3" I find it difficult to get comfortable and Toyota made a huge mistake with that awful faux wood on the dash.

Technology! Stream Bluetooth music from IPhone direct through minivan speakers. Ride & handling. Quiet and smooth for a minivan.

The headrest only moves up and down making it difficult to find a comfortable position. Whomever approved the faux wood on the dash should be fired from Toyota. Horrible doesn't adequately describe that interior mistake for a vehicle costing north of $41k.

Good Buy
By M. Viejo

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We decided to purchase the 2011 XLE instead of the new Odyssey strictly because of the exterior Design. Overall the van is a great buy with a a few minor needed improvements.

Exterior and interior design, blizzard pearl color, Navigation, Bluetooth is awesome, entertainment system is great, sound system.

Fuel Economy needs improvement (13.8 mpg in the city) Odyssey has a stronger engine but better fuel economy, Needs Auto Headlights, the second row middle seat is really a half seat.

Replaces first generation 98 Sienna XLE
By Leigh

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have 4 kids. Started out thinking I would go with a Large SUV. Happened to see the new Sienna, looked at it and my 14 yo saying she had more room in the back seat..we started minivan shopping! I have a 98 Sienna XLE (kept it, couldn't give it up after 210,000 miles), so I knew the reliability was excellent. Bought 1 mo ago, We love it! Nice driving experience. love almost everything about it. Waited til the Honda Odyssey came out to buy, but Sienna won out (personally thought the Odyssey was ugly as in the back looks like a droopy backside!) and Honda not willing to come off MSRP the first months of release.

Automatic doors...I know, but my other van didn't have! The things you take for granted when you have! Love the 8th seat too, helpful when I have to take kids' friends with us. (Didn't really need DVD or Navi, as each kid has portable DVD and we have a Garmin so went with SE, see above.

I would have gone with XLE trim til I saw the light color options in it...4 kids= no way! Wanted leather seats, but had to compromise. Will add aftermarket leather seats later. Offer keyless start to SE. Hard trim on dash, uggh!, preferred my '98 dashboard.Really like the SE trim and sunroof.

Best Minivan in the human history so far
By Young

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought an SE 2 weeks ago. Drives better than my 2002 Odyssey. Acceleration is good. The appearance is just stunning. I got a pre-dawn Gray. It perfectly matches the black interior. I can't take my eyes of it. Sorry wife . My wife and I and our 4 kids all love it very much.

Too Many ! The driving dynamic is really good. I have drove 2 RX-7's, so I do know what handling is all about.

Needs the following items : Compass, Homelink, auto rear-quarter window