Used 1993 Toyota Pickup Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Damn thing wont quit
By chucki42

1993 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought my truck at 9 months old with 18000 miles on it. Other than the head recall it has been solidly reliable. I have put the ground system, k&n air cleaner on and it gets me a solid 20+MPG in the city. It has 135000 on it right now. The 4 wheel drive, sunroof, deluxe interior are everything I need.

It starts everytime.

93 sr5 4x4 extended cab
By Louis Cordova

1993 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

bought the truck new. Was going to buy a truck with less options, never regretted my decision. Been a great truck. Still looks like new, don't plan on trading or selling.

satisfied overall

Best Vehicle Ever
By Jon David

1993 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this pickup truck 14 years ago and will keep it long as I possibly can. Having owned many trucks and cars over the years I have never had such an overall economical and versatile vehicle. It looks and drives as near new. A great, daily driven truck.

Engineered to last forever.

None I can think of.

Saved my life
By Avi Black

1993 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

Everyone will say: totally reliable, and in 1993 easily the most car-like in its class. I agree completely. But I'll focus on safety. Few of us have, let alone want, the opportunity to check out how accurate those crash-test ratings are. Well, I did. I'm doing thirty-five; an idiot runs a red light doing fifty right in front of me. With about half a second to react and hit the brakes, I nailed him broadside doing a good twenty-five to thirty, spinning me 180 degrees. The whole front of my truck was smashed in. But the point is, it crumpled JUST the way it was supposed to. I ended up with two light abrasions on my forehead; two days later, I'm barely sore. I miss my truck!

Safety, of course. Great driveability. Outstanding visibility. Completely reliable. And it only cost me $7000!

Come on, it's twelve years ago.

1993 SR-5 Toyota
By L. Casey

1993 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

great truck... had it 10 years and only major expense was replacing the timing belt...

Mine has a sunroof and amplified rear speakers...