Used 1993 Toyota Pickup Base Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

1993 toyota pickup
By johnnymoto

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Mine has 499,200 miles, replaced timing chain stuff at 400,000. I bought it in 95 with 19,000 miles on it. Still a daily driver.

Still gets 33 mpg. Most expensive maintenance is just replacing tires every 70,000 - 90,000 miles.

If they made the same truck now, they couldn't make enough to keep up with sales.

Not bad, but not legendary
By Adam Omelianchuk

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

These trucks are known for legendary reliability and toughness, but that has not been my experience. The 2.4 22RE is pretty solid and burns well. It produces a fair amount of torque for its class and makes acceptable MPG. The biggest problem I had was the timing chain loosening inside the engine and making a definite rattling noise. I had this replaced at 85,000-- $1500. The starters and exhaust are terrible and need replacement multiple times. However, it is handy and outperforms the competition in its class in every category. Don't be fooled by tall tales. Research thoroughly.

Best Vehicle Ever
By Jon David

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this pickup truck 14 years ago and will keep it long as I possibly can. Having owned many trucks and cars over the years I have never had such an overall economical and versatile vehicle. It looks and drives as near new. A great, daily driven truck.

Engineered to last forever.

None I can think of.

Saved my life
By Avi Black

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Everyone will say: totally reliable, and in 1993 easily the most car-like in its class. I agree completely. But I'll focus on safety. Few of us have, let alone want, the opportunity to check out how accurate those crash-test ratings are. Well, I did. I'm doing thirty-five; an idiot runs a red light doing fifty right in front of me. With about half a second to react and hit the brakes, I nailed him broadside doing a good twenty-five to thirty, spinning me 180 degrees. The whole front of my truck was smashed in. But the point is, it crumpled JUST the way it was supposed to. I ended up with two light abrasions on my forehead; two days later, I'm barely sore. I miss my truck!

Safety, of course. Great driveability. Outstanding visibility. Completely reliable. And it only cost me $7000!

Come on, it's twelve years ago.

I love my truck
By not2btaknlightly

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

My family has owned toyotas since about 1980, every since then we have found them to be the toughest most reliable truck in the world. They can go more places in 2 wheel drive then most trucks can in 4.

smoothe shifting 5 speed transmission, optional 4 and 6 cyl engines, one of the best 4wheel drive you can get, its interior is built to be tough not classy, and the pure toyota reputation.

none keep it the sam and make the best truck money can buy