Used 2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MR2 Spyder model:

Fantastic car
By Franklyn

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

fantastic car. I have a green MR2 turbo. i am fine with the performance of it - it's perfect for me. Sure, storage is almost nonexistent, but it's ok for me, since I am the only 1 driving it most of the time. This car is very easy to care for. Less washing time! It's perfect! Funnnn to drive!

ragtop, noise, shifting, tight cornering with no tipping, rarity (people are curious about it, since there aren't many MR2s), the smiles I see as I drive it.

Oh, gosh, none. I am very happy with it.

love my mr2
By frogkrazy

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

it's fun...i get lots of questions about what kind of car it is...it's not that common like all the miatas and bmws out there. nothing better than driving down the beach with the sun on your shoulders and the radio blasting u2's "it's a beautiful day"! It handles curves better than any other car that I've been in and with gas at $2 a gallon, 34 miles to one is great

handling, top goes down with one hand, great heating and airconditioning, fuel economy, ease of use of controls

more space for packages.

MR2 SPYDER
By horsemom45

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! It's my second one. Handles great and economical.

Fulfilling middle age crazy's
By Middle Age Crazy

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

MR2 puts the ear to ear GRIN on your face. It's about mid-engine, two seat roadsters. Going into a 35MPH corner at 60MPH, down shifting and peddle to the metal out of the corner with the car is still sticking to the road. Yes, rapping out the little 4 cylinder motor and hitting 60MPH in 7-8 seconds does have its thrill to. Here's the important stuff. I just turned 55 Years YOUNG! I am 6'1" and weigh in at 270#'s. I have no problems getting in & out of the car. The car only cost pocket change as compared to the super cars. Insurance is cheap and GAS Mileage is a whole lot better than the super cars. ENJOY IT NOW!

Not mentioned above: the top is easy to rise or lower, choice of using the steering wheel shift buttons or shift stick is fun, motor down shift noise (Music to my ears). Finally, OTHER drivers envying the wife and me tooling down the road.

It would be nice if the steering wheel would tile an inch or two higher. I can't decide if I want to hang a 'shrunken head' from the rear view mirror or place a 'hula girl' on the dash.

fun fun
By dreasy420

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this car is great fun to drive turns alot of heads look good for summer buy this ride

convertable manual great seats