You can't be told what the Matrix is
By Teebone on
2009 Toyota Matrix XRS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I've had this car for a week and I don't want to get out of it! I held out for the 2.4L Matrix and it was well worth the wait. Handles great, corners great, steering is a bit numb but the acceleration more than makes up for it. The 4-wheel independent suspension and 18" rims sold me for the XRS model... a real head-turner. This car is the sportiest thing a 6'3" driver can fit in and still have some resemblance of a back seat left. Getting in and out is a bit snug but once you find your settings it fells like you are part of the car. Vehicle Stability Control does make a noticeable difference. I’ve been too excited to calculate MPG yet but all other features have lived up to the spec sheet.
Favorite Features
2.4L low end torque! All the XRS options, especially those huge 18"s, sunroof, bluetooth connection for hands free phone, and VSC. Nice to see the full complement of airbags standard and driver adjustments (telescoping steering and seat controls).
Suggested Improvements
Two little items: the rear glass on the hatch should go down. The “yellow” LCD radio indicators and instrument cluster illumination color should match.