Good Workhorse
By Jordan on
2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Have had this car for one month. Love it. I'm a mobile computer service tech, it's great for my job. I've put 4k miles. Previous owner drove it 28k mi/yr (now has 84k mi on it). Drives/ looks new. Stores and accesses tools/equip. easily. I like the independent window and door hatches in back. Very roomy. Slept in back area seats folded down. 110volt power is handy for laptop. I just happen to have front ABS brakes with upgraded Toyota TRD pads and rotors (slotted and drilled). EXCELLENT STOPPING POWER!!! I live in CA and it's saved me multiple times. My '97 accord did not stop like this. Also, if you want, this car can tow a 1,500lb. trailer, but haven't tried it. Might be kinda slow.
Favorite Features
Economy, electric outlet, space, comfort, BRAKES!! (but get the optional toyota TRD upgrade with ABS).
Suggested Improvements
When cruising, tranny downshifts from 4th to 3rd at the slightest aceleration (Rather annyoing, feel silly with overdrive off at 65 mph). Also, the system forces auto headlights when dark out. Cannot turn off headlights with engine running. 110volt outlets only 100w. Engine vibrates rearview mirror.