2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Dead spot
By Clutch problems on 07/07/06 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really like most things about this car. It fits my need for comfort, space, versatility, and mileage. However, the clutch to acceleration from first gear bogs down unless I really rev the RPMs. I have been put in some dangerous positions due to this.

It's fun - and cheep
By John on 06/23/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Was looking at new Lexus ES 330s and decided their cost was more than I really could afford. Started looking at lesser cost mini SUVs. Had really never paid attention to Toyota other than the Lexus. The Matrix caught our eye and we grabbed it for the inherent quality we knew Toyota has. If you're looking for high Resale, overall Quality, Sporty good looks, very Economical, good Comfort and a deceptively Roomy little rig,, look at the Toyota Matrix as your next car. We very much like ours because it fills our and most peoples needs.

Solid and versatile
By Northeast driver on 06/23/06 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned the Matrix for a little over 8 months and living in the Northeast have driven it in all types of weather with complete confidence. I have found the ride comfortable and the handling enjoyable. The interior room is superior to many larger cars. And I feel the versatility in unmatched. Other reviewers have stated that the vehicle could use more power. Yes, more power would be nice, however, only if the MPG’s would increase or stay the same. I have yet to experience a situation where the engine power was not sufficient and most of my driving includes highway miles.

Mixed emotions
By Alex on 06/20/06 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really like Toyota. Their fuel economy is superb. I guess I just expected a little more from the Matrix. 126HP is just not enough to really pull a 2,700 pound car. Maybe if they made it 400-500 pounds lighter, it would have better gas mileage and be a bit faster (Civic gets 40mpg HWY and has more power). It's very spacious, and comfortable for passangers, but the driver's seat stands too tall. It shifts beautifully, and the interior design is very sporty, but the chrome trimming has to go. Handling is like any econobox; average, comfortable, sometimes smooth or bumpy, but that can always be changed with aftermarket products.

Great car
By donnarb on 06/20/06 16:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the manual front WD and I find it fun to drive. I use it to commute to work on hilly and winding roads. It handles very well and has nice pick up. I only filled the tank once so far - gas mileage is fantastic! Although it is considered a small car, it doesn't feel like one. It is very practical and I recommend it highly.

A great little car
By BillL Leider on 06/15/06 18:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first foreign car. I bought it based on its reputation for durability and reliability. As of this writing I have @ 900 miles on this car with absolutely no problems at all. It holds four adults in a greater degree of comfort than I would have expected for a compact station wagon. Its very economical around town, and once I get past the 1000 mile engine break-in period we will take it on an extended vacation where I expect it to get at least the advertised fuel economy of 34 mpg. Its a great little car.

Great Vehicle
By Bob on 06/11/06 10:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Matrix is a best kept secret. I had forgotten Toyota made it. The vehicle handles great. Has allot of room inside and I enjoy the leather seats mine came with. The transmission is smooth and the gas mileage is great. I get 32 mpg on the highway and 29 in town. The ride is quiet as well. I set the radio volume when I start up and never need to adjust it. I am very pleased.

More car for the money
By giltro on 06/03/06 08:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Big guy in a little car, yeah right! This car is deceiving, truly has enough room for a 5'11 driver who weighs 275 lbs. Sporty and be ready to get some stares as you drive through town. It's just a great feeling!

Love My Matrix!
By Lynne Richards on 06/03/06 07:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just traded in my 04 Mustang for an 06 Matrix. This is my first Toyota and I absolutely love my Matrix! The gas mileage is fantastic. I love everything about it. The only small and I do mean small complaint is the engine bogging down when the air conditioning is on and slows the acceleration rate. Other than that absolutely no complaints whatsoever!

Roomy car with good looks & good mileage
By Don on 05/28/06 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking at a hatchbacks: Toyota Matrix, Honda Fit, Kia Spectra5 and the Mazda 3 hatch. The Matrix had more pick-up on the test drive, more room and less cabin noise.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.