1993 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )
the best SUV ever
By cjcarlos on 08/06/12 21:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I have this 1993 L/C right now with 117500 miles and thid a safety free of problem vehicle poor in fuel consume but a reliable auto before i haved 1993 with 350000 miles and continious running i dont change a landcruiser

Awesome Ride!
By 93_tlc on 09/07/11 14:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I love it. My teenage daughter and son love it. Even my Mini Driving wife loves it. While I bought it for just $7,200 I've had to sink $3,000 into it to make it safe. My guess is another $3-5K to bring it into good enough shape to last the next 100K miles. So Far: Brakes, rotors, bearings, belts and a few other odds and ends. Suspect: Shocks, Upper/lower oil pans. Electric window motors. Hydraulic lifts on rear window. Starter...So... while it's a great car to run so well with 138K miles don't kid yourselves...Maintenance can add up! Still...I won't trade it and may buy another if I can find the right deal.

Still Going after 300K miles
By cruiseit on 06/12/11 11:29 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I have this 1993 LC from Day One. I have 304,000 miles on the original engine, transmission, water pump and alternator. I just changed the starter about 6 months. Reliabilty = #1. I have never had any of the electrical issues mentioned about the 1993 Landcruiser. I have the cloth interior and it still looks excellent after 19 years - that would not be true with the optional leather interior. Longivity = change the oil, change transmission fuel, change all the gear oil.

Great Old SUV
By Texas Offroad on 01/15/10 14:30 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought it a year ago with 160,000 miles, now it has 172,000 miles, no major problems, had to replace both oxygen sensors ($140 ea. @ the dealership, don't get cheap aftermarket- never work) had to fix both front seats (replace new gear electric motor), had to recharge A/C, still have a minor leak in the main seal, well it's a 17 year old SUV, It has a 4" lift kit, winch, ARB bumper, snorkel, people always ask me about it, the design is so contemporary, it is aging very well, I love it, very reliable, great ride on road and off road, great heater system for back seat passengers, even the factory audio system is better than most new cars, great value for the money money, another 100k miles!

One Owner and over 250K miles
By Paul Simon on 09/27/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been great truck / SUV. I have never had any electrical problems that others may have experienced. I have 257,000 miles on it - original engine, water pump, starter and alternator. Engine and trans have never been apart. Regular maintenance keeps her running.

$15K for 100,000 trouble-free miles
By Don B on 06/07/07 00:26 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this in 2002 for $15,000. It had 74,000 miles and had been traded to a Lexus dealership. I've driven it all over the USA in all kinds of weather, and other than regular maintenance, it hasn't needed a thing. It now has 181,000 miles and runs like new. It has hauled and pulled all kinds of stuff, and been driven hard - and should have plenty of miles left. Gas mileage is awful, but what do you expect? If I need to get there safely and reliably, no matter what nature cares to throw at me, this is what I drive. It's seen snowstorms, ice, hail and hurricanes. Driveshaft has 6 grease fittings. Make sure you or someone lubricates them with a grease gun at least every other oil change.

I Love My Land Cruiser
By bccarguy90 on 08/07/06 08:51 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Have owned the Cruiser since 1994. Have fallen in love with its brutish design and it's great fun driving it off road. I drive it on the sand all summer and town the boat all around the Cape. I couldn't have asked for a better car. It still runs great despite the odd repair here and there. I recommend for all who have the money to buy one.

OLD LC in a new role
By formerSUVowner on 09/13/05 19:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Former 1991 4runner owner and bitter at that after discovering I owned the worst engine Toyota ever built and having vowed never to own a Toyota again. Our old but new to us 1993 Land Cruiser proves why Toyota is the top automaker. We found our LC after driving new used and all possible choices between. After a friend told me the old LC's are great trucks and can go 200+K with no major failures we took a reluctant look at the beast. A week later we found a 1993 for sale by original owner, wife driven 8,000 miles or less per year, all 100K maint already done. We bought the old LC and have been impressed ever since. Great truck, smart engineering - true Toyota quality.

Land Cruiser worth its weight in gold
By gcadacio on 08/20/05 16:47 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I can't rave enough about this vehicle. I would upgrade to a newer model, but this is a fun off-road and on-road vehicle. Only drawback is taking out a loan to go to the gas station.

The Last Real Land Cruiser
By IowaOffroad on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

The last generation of real off-raod ready Toyota tanks. If you buy one with differentail locks you'll never be wanting for more off-raod ability. I recently took my stock 1993 Land Cruiser off-road with a group of 10 Jeeps, there was no-place they went I couldn't go. There WERE many places the Land Cruiser went that the Jeeps could not follow! This thing is a beast! Plus, it's a very comfortable on-road traveler as well! Don't sentance your crusier to a life of mall parking lots, take it out and flex it now and then, she deserves that much.