2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Highlander-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2009 Highlander Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:

Sort Reviews by

Still early, but lovin' it!
By wvgasguy

2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm at about 1000 miles and still breaking it in. Averaging 24.5 in winter weather so extremely happy with that. Traded a Camry Hybrid in after 63,000 miles so I know how to maximize this from the "get go". It's so much more functional than the Camry, and I wanted an awd for the wife who is now driving daily in all types of weather and needs the space to haul the grandkids around. I am pleasantly surprised at how much more comfortable it is over the TCH. It is extremely versatile yet an economical vehicle to drive. You do have to "baby it" to maximize the mileage, but even my wife is getting around 23.5 and she does nothing special.

Favorite Features

Second row seats have excellent leg room! Does not drive like an SUV, holds to the road well (I do have the 19" wheels and big tires which I'm sure make some difference)

Suggested Improvements

Would like leather without having to buy the loaded Limited models. Would be nice to have a few "stripped" Limiteds shipped in. They don't seem to exist.