That affordable car everyone buys
By cappecan on
2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I bought my 2012 Corolla LE brand new off the lot with 30 miles on it. I have owned it six months, and have put 5,000 miles on it, and have encountered zero problems. It has done what it was intended and built to do, and that's safely transport me from point A to point B. These Corolla's are designed to go for a long time, and present safety and superb reliability. And that's exactly what a Corolla does. They aren't comparable to their "sister car" the Camry in any way because they don't have any of the luxurious qualities a Camry does. I think that's why they are reasonably priced. As far as safety is concerned, a Toyota will always be one of the safest vehicles on the road.
Favorite Features
The only major thing I like on my Corolla is my bluetooth feature. I can play music, and talk all through my speakers. It's easy to operate provided you know how to work the system. Visibility in the whole car is very good from front to back. The trunk release button is nice, but the trunk doesn't fully open especially in cold weather. The seal will stick. Braking is excellent, and VDC (vehicle dynamic control) has saved me from hydroplaning. The trunk is pretty big, and offers lots of space. The back seat is average in leg room. Lots of storage everywhere! Pretty smooth for a car of it's class. Accelerating is so so. What do you expect for a 4 cylinder car? MPG--not as good as I expected.
Suggested Improvements
What I don't like is that you have to scroll through your phone book to make a call via the radio dials. This is a major safety issue if you ask me. You aren't supposed to look down for bluetooth. Another thing Toyota could offer is fog lights. The black cover inserts are just ugly, and don't look good. They don't offer on any models, and only comes on the S and certain LE models. I had to install fog lights myself. Another nice feature could be AWD. Let me say installing tire chains on this car was next to impossible. The tires are too close to the frame, body, everything. This whole un-intended acceleration is total garbage. I don't believe any of it, and Toyota has had to issue recalls.