Used 1995 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By My Hooptie

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I love my Corolla. I drive it almost everyday. I put approx 156,000 miles on it myself, I bought my '95 Corolla brand new off the show room floor. It has been up and down the east coast many times. Out of all the cars I have owned in my lifetime my little hooptie has outlasted them all. Whenever I fly out of town I tend to rent Corollas for dependability Within the next 22 months God willing I will be retiring & I am contemplating on buying another car & you can bet your bottom dollar it will be another Toyota, I have no intention of getting rid of my little Hooptie. I intend to drive it until it can't be driven any more. Trust me, if I didn't like it I would've gotten rid of it years ago

Even though it has 4 cylinders It can really hang in there with some of the big dogs. I love the quick start in cold/hot weather. I like when I have large items to transport I fold the rear seats down and push the big items right through the trunk and can still close it.

Like anything else with age it tends to get a little noisy, I believe a little more insullation can fix that. The drivers seat can use a little more padding it's begining to wear a little thin from years of use But then what do you expect I'm really not a feather weight person. I have no complaints.

Like a good pair of old jeans..
By Carlos-Puerto Rico

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

For me it's car # 5...but the best till now and I think that it will be hard to top. I have a 2000 Sienna, but not even this excellent family taxi can top my little warrior. I have had her for 10 years now and I do not have a doubt in my mind that I'll have her for 5 years more... with help from God maybe 20 yrs, even in an island like Puerto Rico which is known to be tough on cars even the tough SUV's.

Best features are reliability, value, solid construction, comfort.

A Toyota Factory replenishing program for old die hards like the Corolla 1995 that give the Toyota comp. such a excellent reputation & free publicity.

Love my Little Station Wagon
By Martha

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

July 4, 2005, was my tenth anniversary with this car. I will keep it until it falls to pieces. It has good fuel economy, fits in tight parking spaces, and holds a ton of stuff when the rear seat is folded down. It's also peppy on the highway. I have had no major repairs in 72,000 miles. Unfortunately Toyota stopped making Corolla station wagons in 1996, so I can't get another one. I'd buy another in a minute.

Room to haul a lot of stuff with seat folded down. Handles easily. Turns on a dime. Good fuel economy. Very well-built. Low maintenance and repair costs. Very reliable.

Ride a bit stiff. Seats could be more comfortable. No leg room in back seat. Toyota should bring the Corolla station wagon back.

LIKE AN OLD FRIEND
By Dupepraw

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 1995 and never took it back to the dealer for any work only oil changes. It has been the best car that we have ever owned to date and has never let us down. It still has the original exhaust system, maybe because it was undercoated from the beginning and ever since, we live in a cold winter of Canada. It is not a car to excite you or burn up the pavement, just a good car for every day use and not to line the pockets of mechanics with gold. Would buy another, but with 8400km., why bother, it may be old but it gets where I what to go.

Reliable, like the rear sets that fold down for more truck room, ride is okay, good gas mileage.

Needs more power 2-liter or better, better seats, dash lay out and higher off the ground.

Total Reliability!
By phillie phanatic

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I have used this car primarily for work commute of 60+ miles one way. It has gone through pouring rainstorms, snow storms, and ice all as easily as on a dry road. I have never been stuck or left stranded by this car. No matter how cold it's been outside, it has never failed to start right up. My only repairs were routine; oil & filter changes, tires, belts, etc. This little baby is a 5-speed stick and didn't need a new clutch until 198,000 miles! After 274,000+ miles, it is still getting 36 mpg! It just passed inspection and 1st time emissions test without a single problem! I could not have asked for anything better and this little car is still going strong!!

The absolute dependability & reliability. I've never had to worry about anything mechanically with this car. High mpg (40-41 on the highway during the 1st 5 years) and low maintenance costs. Despite its small size, it has plenty of zip for merging and driving on highways,

Probably due to its small size, when I have the back seat full of people, the side windows tend to fog up quickly in the winter. It clears easily with the defrosters cranked up and maybe cracking the windows a bit. I consider it a small price to pay for everything else this car delivers.

• SUV