Used 1995 Toyota Corolla DX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

"Old Reliable"
By Monique Renne

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought mine new right after I graduated from college. Twenty years later, it is still my main car with almost 250,000 miles. I have only had to do routine maintenance and purchases (brakes, tires, tune-ups, oil changes, 1 serpentine belt), and one alternator. It has decent power (easy acceleration). The ride is rougher than some vehicles and road handling depends a lot on the tires, I think. Excellent mileage for a 20-year-old car: 20-35 mpg.

It's not nearly as quiet inside as it used to be and it's old. I lived on the coast for a few years and the paint is slowly fading. Whenever I am tempted to buy a new car, though, all I have to do is talk to my friends and family who have purchased new vehicles. I have never found as reliable a car as the 1995 Toyota Corolla. It was built when the Toyota name stood for quality.

Most reliable car ever owned
By jshepherd9417

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car is very reliable. bought the car in 04 with 80k miles on it from an older woman who kept great care of it. Now in 2012, it has 175k miles and the only thing replaced on it was a starter and a clutch. Got the car when i was 16 and is a great starter car for a teen because it is great on gas and will last for a really long time. The only thing bad about it is the rear leg room is awful. Not the best car on space, but would definitely recommend a corolla to anyone interested. Really nice car!

Fantastic Car
By dan

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My family has owned our 1995 corolla since it was brand new. It was passed on to me and my brother when we were 18 or so, and the car has never had any significant problems. The 7AFE engine is bulletproof. 250,000 miles on this thing and it is still running perfectly.

Fuel economy, classic looks

Problems with driver side power window, lack of ABS

Two generations could not kill it
By Beppie

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I loved this little car! It was reliable even when I gave it to my children. It seemed to even like abuse. The only problems were in the electrical hardware. The car went through alternators every 60K and a starter every 40K. Could be driving habits. At this time, it has 400K and still goes. I have a Honda now, but my next car will be a Corolla again

Mileage, easy to drive.

The alternator and starter were problems.The interior was noisy on the highway. The interior fogged quickly, too. All this has been corrected in the recent models.

The Little Tank
By BTD

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I just inherited this car from my Mom yesterday, but I've driven it a lot over the years. She's owned it since '95 and drives 56 mi. round trip to work 5 days a wk. It has NEVER had to go to the shop for anything other than ordinary maintenance. If you take care of this car, it will take care of you. Yes, it has a few insignificant rattles, but it has 178,000 miles on it. Obviously, I rated it low in the "fun to drive" & "performance" categories because it's a 1.8 L 4-cyl car. No excitement behind this wheel, but w/ gas prices what they are + the incredible reliability, I'll take the tradeoff. The car is easy to drive (and park) though, and isn't slow to the point that it's annoying.

Reliability. Good on gas.

Obviously, more pep would be nice, but hey..it's a '95 4 cylinder. The only other minor gripes I would have are the 3-speed windshield wipers (one more speed would be nice) and the heater/AC controls could be a little simpler. Very insignificant stuff.