1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
294,000 and runs like new!
By douglasseattle on 07/06/14 23:47 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

My car still is excellent! The interior looks like it has about 50k and the car runs like it came off the showroom floor. It does have a leak in the valve cover gasket which I will fix soon and a small leak in the transaxle. Nothing that will cause a break down. Other than required and scheduled maintenance, this car has not had any major problems. My 03 Focus died at 91000. I expect this one to keep going for a very long time. For some reason the automatic was not listed as one of the corollas. Mine is a 3 spd auto

A great car , But it is really very outdated !
By srihari902 on 05/07/11 10:14 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Having this car for the past 9-10 years , it is a really strong and powerfull machine , although have had many minor as well as a few major replacements with it . Had to replace the door locks , the vipers (couldn't count on how many times it had to be replaced) ,ac belt ,indicators,.................... and one fine day the engine blew up !

Keep it Simple
By Beast on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Love this car. Bought it in 2005 with 30,000 miles on it. Did not realize what I was getting into when bought this car. Drove this car to Los Angeles and back a few times. Easy. Filled up twice. For 700 miles. I mean come on. Being a '90 model, with a top speed on 110 mph. This car can actually reach that speed. I find that very impressive. Acceleration is outstanding and really just very fun to drive. Lots of great memories in the car and I recently crossed 85,000. I expect this bad boy to be with me for a while. Not a scratch. Not a tear. Everything is functioning. And body in pristine condition. Real lucky to drive this car. Will take care of it as much as it takes care of me.

Best I ever had
By crisgonzal on 06/28/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This car was amazing. I drove it to college and then exchanged for a newer car. But I will never forget this good friend. I took it to Miami, DC, Niagara Falls, New York, South Carolina. I miss you Toyota Corolla 1990!

It's an OLD Toyota
By Billy Tom on 02/02/10 19:45 PM (PST)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Family has owned this vehicle for 6 years now and it's been a real trooper. It survived 2 new drivers. We've done repairs but nothing major. I really do think this car is going to last. The only flaw is that it is a metal cage of death. It is such a small car that if you get into an accident, you're going to die. There are no air bags and our seat belts barely lock. However, if you're not traveling very far and want a reliable car this Toyota is awesome. I personally want a safer vehicle. I think it has over 300,000 kms. It also has a lot of rust on it, but that could be just ours.

Great car
By gallantronx on 07/18/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2006, it had 155990 miles on it and I used it to run errands and go to school to get my GED which I received in 2007. After that my mom used it on the paper route which she still has; the car got thirty-five MPG which is great for a car. The tie- rods went out first then the CV Halfshaft but all in all a fairly reliable car that does not use oil. Because of this car I decided to become a mechanic, this is the easiest car to work on - suspension, steering and Oil change. It now has 205,567 miles on it and I hope it makes it to three hundred thousand.

Corollas are great
By cory on 05/27/08 03:51 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Ok this car has been great, 202,000 miles + and all that has happened is one bad water pump, 1 broken timing belt, 1 bad alternator the factory one finally gave out in 07. I think only 3 minor parts for a car that has over 200 grand on the motor is great. The dash is getting some cracks due to me treating this car like crap. I never do any regular maintenance but it still runs great. When I can afford to treat my little economy car to a treat I do it with full flushes on all or most of any fluids it contains but other then that just tires, brakes, caps, plugs and wires every now and then with occasional oil changes about 5,000 miles give or take a thousand miles but the thing keeps on tickn

Great Car
By mkr2mr2 on 05/27/08 00:52 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Great car, gets me to point A and to point B and hey even Z. Great car, mine is in great condition and great mpg, very good car. A good car to have especially with these gas prices.

Miss it
By mekimeki on 09/25/07 02:50 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just donated it after 12 years of ownership. Very reliable transportation with a stripped-down yet clean feel to its operation. Only problems: AC compressor died at 90,000 miles, then replacement leaked; alternator died at 150,000 miles; ceiling cover came loose and had to be pulled/scrubbed off. Overall, a dependable ride that was always there when I needed it.

Extraordinary
By amazing on 04/27/07 10:39 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 13 months now. I bought it with 183,000 miles on it and now it has 189,000 miles on it. It has never let me down.