Used 1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

294,000 and runs like new!
By douglasseattle

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

My car still is excellent! The interior looks like it has about 50k and the car runs like it came off the showroom floor. It does have a leak in the valve cover gasket which I will fix soon and a small leak in the transaxle. Nothing that will cause a break down. Other than required and scheduled maintenance, this car has not had any major problems. My 03 Focus died at 91000. I expect this one to keep going for a very long time. For some reason the automatic was not listed as one of the corollas. Mine is a 3 spd auto

Favorite Features

Excellent visibility, comfortable seats, and a decent ride.

Suggested Improvements

Not a sexy car, but wonderfully cheap to keep.

A great car , But it is really very outdated !
By srihari902

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Having this car for the past 9-10 years , it is a really strong and powerfull machine , although have had many minor as well as a few major replacements with it . Had to replace the door locks , the vipers (couldn't count on how many times it had to be replaced) ,ac belt ,indicators,.................... and one fine day the engine blew up !

Favorite Features

Strong built

Keep it Simple
By Beast

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Love this car. Bought it in 2005 with 30,000 miles on it. Did not realize what I was getting into when bought this car. Drove this car to Los Angeles and back a few times. Easy. Filled up twice. For 700 miles. I mean come on. Being a '90 model, with a top speed on 110 mph. This car can actually reach that speed. I find that very impressive. Acceleration is outstanding and really just very fun to drive. Lots of great memories in the car and I recently crossed 85,000. I expect this bad boy to be with me for a while. Not a scratch. Not a tear. Everything is functioning. And body in pristine condition. Real lucky to drive this car. Will take care of it as much as it takes care of me.

Favorite Features

Some might find this funny. But its acceleration is quite impressive. Size: it can seat 5. And if you park it next to a coupe. It will still look more compact. This car just makes you smile. Its something else. Ageless design.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing...it hasn't let me down but if anything maybe AC, but hell I just roll my windows down ;)

Best I ever had
By crisgonzal

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This car was amazing. I drove it to college and then exchanged for a newer car. But I will never forget this good friend. I took it to Miami, DC, Niagara Falls, New York, South Carolina. I miss you Toyota Corolla 1990!

Favorite Features

Reliability.

It's an OLD Toyota
By Billy Tom

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Family has owned this vehicle for 6 years now and it's been a real trooper. It survived 2 new drivers. We've done repairs but nothing major. I really do think this car is going to last. The only flaw is that it is a metal cage of death. It is such a small car that if you get into an accident, you're going to die. There are no air bags and our seat belts barely lock. However, if you're not traveling very far and want a reliable car this Toyota is awesome. I personally want a safer vehicle. I think it has over 300,000 kms. It also has a lot of rust on it, but that could be just ours.

Favorite Features

The Engine and Transmition

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be safer.