2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
reliable and comfortable
By tessnluke on 09/26/12 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for several years now, i bought it toyota certified used with 50,000 miles on it. it's a great car.

A Pretty Great Car
By grooms on 04/06/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We got this car in late 2006 just as the new 2007s were coming off and got about $3500-$4000 of the sticker price so I'd say it was a pretty good deal! The Performance is pretty good; however, it does occasionally take a second for the car to start accelerating after you push the gas causing the car to lurch but it doesn't really happen enough to be a real problem. I also did notice when I was driving the car through a turn and I pushed the gas the car downshifted when it really shouldn't have and the rpm's shot up like 1500-2000 but I probably just caught it in an awkward spot. The ride is pretty soft which I personally like (although it's not as soft as a Buick or something) and is very

Boring though solid and reliable 76k miles later
By bennychase on 01/19/12 11:01 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have struggled with the way the 06 Camry looks inside and out. The exterior design looks like a granny car and the interior is boring and moderately comfortable at best. However the car does feel solid and has been extremely reliable even with 76k miles on it. My Camry suffers from some of the quirks mentioned by other owners (lurching transmission when at a stop, sluggish acceleration response on highway etc.) but I have had no major issues and have not sunk any money on repairs outside of normal maintenance. I test drove a 2006 Hyundai Sonata and a 2003 Infinity Q35 and they felt cheap compared to the quality of the Camry. Though, the G35 and Sonata do look so much better!

Most reliable car I've ever owned.
By ngroeling on 12/06/11 12:51 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car on a whim because my previous car was totaled and my rental car was due the next day. It was expensive and loaded with everything that I didn't really need, but I went for it anyway. Almost to it's 90k mark, it has still not had any major problems. Some maintenance shops tried getting more money out of me by telling me the transmission and radiator fluids need to be flushed, however, this is false. They were fine and the next place we went to thereafter said they were. So do be aware of places trying to get more money out of you by doing unnecessary fluid flushes, which can often damage the car. Other than that, it's doing great and I expect to get another 100k out of it.

Camry.com (not real website)
By 3rdcamry on 03/01/11 16:15 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd 4 cylinder Camry 89, 98, and now 2006. The previous ones reached 200k miles with ease. The 2006 now has 144k miles. The real treat about this car is that the 4 cylinder 06 Camry's have a timing CHAIN, not a belt--which is a bargain for those of us Camry owners than run up the mileage. This is simply a reliable car. The spark plugs are platinum so you don't have to change them unless you are having a problem with performance. The 98 camry had the original plugs and wires when I traded them in (I have an honest mechanic) and the car ran smooth as ice. I need a reliable vehicle for commuting to work and this is it. Fun, safe and reliable, just keep fluids changed and fresh.

Best car for around 20k
By charlie on 08/14/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The best car I ever had its true what people say about toyotas they run forever well in my situation 300k and still running strong and smooth like the day I bought it recommend it to everyone

Never own anyhing but Toyota
By Kevin on 08/07/10 10:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the 06 V-6 a few months ago with 74k on it after having an 04 4 cyl. Absolutely love the feel of the V- 6 the power is awesome and the car shifts extremely smooth. Getting rite at 28 mpg back and forth to work everyday. Driving 30 miles round trip. The quality of Toyota can't be measured against any American vehicle. Plan to drive this car til it falls apart!

Speakers/Rear view mirror
By Doris Gamble on 06/29/10 15:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Camry has been good to me, and it is and excellent vehicle, I have had it over 4years and 4months, but I became disappointed in the material that the speaker covers were made of as it has dry rotted in the shape of the speaker, and I would like to know if any other have been reported as this is not good to look at this through your back glass, and also the rear view mirror has started to fade out and that's not good as you need that to see. I was happy at one point but not so happy now. So in order for me to be continue to be happy with Toyota this needs to be corrected. Good car yes just some defects that needs to be address.

Best car for the money!
By bubba on 05/03/10 05:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car after having an 04 Camry LE 4 cyl. And was crashed into and totaled. Drove the 06 V-6 and fell in love with the Electroluminescent Gauges and the refined power of the 6 cyl. Paid 10k for the car with 70k and it was a one owner. Drive the car 25 miles a day back and forth to work. And I'm getting 26-27.5 mpg with mid grade fuel. I don't have any doubt that this car will run another 200k. I can't waitt o see how many miles I will actually make this one go.

I love this car
By dave_hudson71 on 04/23/10 18:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Camry. I chose a straight drive. It seems to give me more power, and better gas mileage. I can't say enough good things about my Camry. Everyone I know that has one seems to feel the same way.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.