Used 2005 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 327 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Very pleased
By Kevin

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 Camry with 215,000 miles only thing has been brake caliper went out, now starting to have transmission problems but now 215,000 that a lot of miles.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND TO BUY TOYOTA
By pb

2005 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My car only has 66,000 miles and I had to spend so much money to get it fix 2 weeks back the car was giving me a problem of stopping middle of road and was not going over 40 mph I took to dealer and he said some animal somehow got in the car and chew all the cables (how animal can get inside from the bottom of the car) I believed what he said and paid $700 to fix it after 2 weeks all of sudden my car stopped right in center of the highway and I towed to the dealer and now he said it is related to the prior problem and I have to pay $1,100 to fix this. Never ever buy Toyota.

Still Going Strong
By Dave

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my base 2005 Camry since I purchased it new in August 2004. It now has 75,000 miles and I commute 68 miles roundtrip 5 days a week. I'm getting approximately 28 mpg which I consider good. I had a tune up at 60,000 miles which improved its performance. I've also changed the transmission fluid twice. Other than oil changes every 5,000 miles, I haven't had to do much else. It's been a great reliable car so far.

Worst car I ever owned
By jitenshajin

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car from my mother since she could no longer drive. It had 5000 miles on it. Kept it for 2 years and hated driving it. It was terrible in the snow. ABS did basically nothing. Steering was unstable in the snow, as was acceleration. I usually drive or tow cars to the junkyard, but this one I couldn't wait to trade in, at 4 years old and 24000 miles. The only plus was that it was good on gas.

2005 XLE Toyota Camry 4 dr
By Rick

2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car 3 months ago and I was looking at 2007 nissans and toyotas. The only reason I bought this one was that it only had 12,000 miles on it. Now I only have one complaint about this car and that is when you step on the gas it boggs down and it feels like I'm towing a boat. Then once I get going it's fine. The dealer told me it was a wire and they would reset the memory so the car would learn my driving habits. I'm not convinced that this reset of THE WIRE really was it or that is just the way 05 camrys are. It really ticks me off but other than that I love the car. Is it me or do these 05 camrys have this problem? Making me wish I went with a 07 Altima.

The stereo, the style of the body and the gas isn't too bad on the wallet.