1996 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
The Amazing Camry!!
By Sweet Cheeks on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This car has always been very reliable, with minimal maintenance probablems.

above average
By lewis bennett on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This has ben a trouble free car with good maintenance. a good portion of the mileage has been highway mileage.

Reliable but boring
By CamryGuy on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is a great car, especially if you're not a mechanic. Truly a very reliable car w/great gas mileage. Major things to watch out for is soft suspension and brakes.

Car salesman's review
By bruce on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

After 27 years in the car business, I have the pleasure to own & drive one of the finest built mid-size sedans made. I bought the car with 77000 miles, replaced the timing belt,water pump, drive belts and tires, and have thorughly enjoyed the car. I consistently average over 30+ mpg. The suspension could be a little firmer,but a very nice touring car.

value, reliability and performance
By skipkapur on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is the best car I have ever owned. It is powerful, fun to drive, great gas mileage for a V6, reliable. I have 100K miles, and look forward to keeping it till 300K miles.

Love my Camry!
By dianebuzz on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Camry used in 1998. Fortunately, I also purchased an extended warrany because I, too, have had the same problems that Grillman has had with his Camry. The warranty paid for all the repairs. The car has been great for me. Previously, I had owned GM cars, but I am a full Toyota convert. Even with the repairs, it is better than any experience with GM. One other problem - the dealership I bought it from failed to mention it had been painted over the factory paint. It has completely oxidized and looks horrible.

cost of my car
By Ammie on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

very reliable. economical in fuel. fast and dependable.

Not a bad vehicle
By bbb on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bough the car in florida for use in NYC. It had 82K miles at the time, 102K now. The car has been very reliable, just wear and tear, breaks, plugs, oil. However, the car is not suitable for use in the New York Metro area becuase the suspension cannot withstand the potholes. I have had to replace all engine mounts and now the front struts and strut mounts are gone, a 500 dollar job that I am not about to do becuase it is not a safety issue. A friend with a 97 camry has the same problem. So, I think the car is a great choice for a used vehcile, just realize that it will not come uscathed from NYC potholes.

great car
By chattanooga dad on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a great used car that is reliable, well-built, great mileage, and nicely designed, then this is the car for you. I believe that the 1996 model has better looking lines than its successor and you cannot beat Toyota for making a superb automobile. Although the four cylinder is not a race car, it does provide adequate pep and acceleration for most driving situations. Great for the student, wife, or the dad who needs a second car to run around with the kids. Routine maintenance is all this car needs.

Excellent choice
By wonderman on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My 1996 camry has definitely been the best car I have ever bought. Even though the 4 cyl. could use more power, everything else is perfect. I have 96,000 miles on my camry and it still runs like the day I bought it. No major mechanical problems, just normal wear and tear. PERFECT CAR!!!!!