2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Good car... but not great
By randycareagain on 02/22/14 18:21 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My mom bought this car brand new and I bought it off of her in 2010. I got it from her with around 70k miles on it. The 4 cylinder is a good, gas-sipping engine but a bit underpowered. This showed when driving on hilly interstates and with the cruise control on. The sport shift was also useless with very slow response. The only real issue I had with the car is the long, heavy doors. After a while, the driver side door started to sag causing the windows not to seal all the way. Heavy rain or even a car wash would allow a bit of water to leak into the car. Those issues aside, I was very happy with the car and just traded it in recently with around 132k miles on it.

Still lovin' it!
By yolee1 on 12/08/12 13:30 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

An update to a review I posted in 2010. I've had the car for 2 years, 68000 miles on it now, absolutely no problems with it is so far. I love my car! Recently replaced the low profile tires which were a bit expensive but must say work great in the snow (feel more comfortable driving this car in the snow than I did driving my last small SUV, handles great). Getting in and out of the car is more of a challenge (especially for my hubby) but I love the sporty look and feel of it so I guess that's the price you gotta pay. We definitely made the right switch from Chevy to Toyota, our Chevy parts supply guy is probably wondering what happened. Hope to drive my Solara for the next 10 years!

Love it!
By Yolee on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car for about a month, so far love it! We have always been Chevy/Buick fans but my husband got tired of constantly working on them, we decided to give Toyota a try (time will tell if we've made the right choice).I went from a small SUV and was worried that going back to a car the ride would feel low, it doesn't. I love the look of the Solara, the pearl finish, so far I pretty much love everything about the car. Smooth ride, descent gas mileage (average around 29, country driving), the classy cream leather interior, the navigation system and blue-tooth. Feel like a spoiled princess driving this car, feels like I'm driving a Lexus.

From Buick to Toyota
By Yolee on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My husband was tired of working on our GM vehicles so we decided to give Toyota a try (time will tell). So far I love it! He wanted an Accord, I didn't care for the bumpy ride. The Solara is beautifully smooth (like buttah). I love the car! The interior is classy, does look like a Lexus, love everything about it. Learning to use the navigation system, very cool. The exterior is nice, love the pearl white color. We're averaging over 29 MPG, not bad for a V6 (live out in the country). Will post another update in a few years, but hoping the constant "working on fixing something on the car days" are over.

It is a Toyota
By steve b. on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This a very good car, rides good handles all weather conditions very well, great gas mileage 29+ miles per gallon. Sporty good looks what else can I say, I plan on keeping this car for a long time, this car would make a good used car for anyone who wants a 2 door coupe.

Love this car
By bgardn3 on 09/22/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just the looks of this Solara coupe sold me on the car. It also did not hurt that it got 9's and above from used car owner reviews. It looks great standing still and the 4 cylinder sips gas. I averaged 33 on the highway driving it home from Florida. Roomy back seat for a coupe. We love it and hope it lasts a good long time. It is roomier than the Accord or the Altima and that is another reason we picked it. Too bad they are no longer in production.

Doesn't always start
By Zack on 12/19/08 12:17 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in march and absolutely loved it. I noticed in august my passenger window didn't always stay rolled up and then my car wasn't always starting. It would eventually start but the dealership just made me feel as if i was crazy or somehow at fault. Unfortunatley, as is with most issues, not everything can be duplicated at the dealership and I've had my car in the shop at least once a week since November. It's now a week before Christmas. Since my car is under warranty, I hope this issue is resolved before my warranty ends.

Oil consumption
By angie5768 on 03/19/08 05:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've enjoyed my Toyota Solara, except that at EVERY oil change it's been 1 quart low of oil. We took it to the dealer for an oil consumption test and were told that it's normal for it to consume that amount of oil every 5,000 miles. I've never driven a new car that I had to put oil into at that rate. It doesn't seem to be leaking, but still concerns me. Other than that, it's a comfortable car that handles well. View over the shoulder is a bit obstructed, but you can use your mirrors if adjusted properly. 6CD changer has already been replaced once by factory and appears to be going out again.

Almost Perfect
By Barbara on 02/14/08 07:34 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Toyota Solara V6 SLE coupe is a joy to drive with the exception of several rattles and squeaks in the interior. I have tried to attribute these rattles to a particular item, but cannot. They are intermittent and they change. I am disappointed that this otherwise flawless vehicle sounds a bit junky at times with only 6500 miles on it. What will it be like 3 or 4 years from now?

Camry Solara Sport
By Torres on 10/08/07 14:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara V-6 is a very efficient vehicle providing approximate 36 miles per gallon. At this time, after replacing the air filter for a high flow filter I am getting about 400 miles per tank of fuel on the highway. Yes it is a 3.3 V-6! The vehicle has enough power for a mid size and is very comfortable for a two door, two adults fit on the rear seats without compromising comfort.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.