2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
poor navigation system
By CS on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the fourth Toyota and the second Avalon that I have owned. I have loved them all and would rate them all a 10. However, I will never buy another Toyota because of the poor navigation system. I cannot believe that Toyota would put such a poor system in their cars. (See below). We purchased this car especially because we wanted a GPS installed system.

Great Car But Minor Detail Issue
By Mirage on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's Great Car with high fuel economy comparing with other same class cars. Nice, Quite, Comfort and you will love all the features. But there's minor exterior detail issues. such as top roof molding is easy to loose and hard to find a dealer for fix well. other body pars moldings are seems like little off from it's place. I checked my car and other cars on display at dealers( 3 Places), same... such as end of moldings etc. i think Toyota's quality control legend is burried in the history..

Great Engine
By jabe on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now spent 12,000 miles in my Avalon. This a great car. I am getting 25 MPG on average and up to 30 MPG on highway. Great Power and with the manual override transmission you can really get off the line when you have to. Engine flys form 40 to 70 MPH. This car is big and roomy. I fully agree with the Edmunds Road test. They nailed it perfectly on all counts

Awesome
By Allen on 08/23/10 14:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a few new cars. This 2010 Avalon has to be the best.

Best large car
By Ron on 08/22/10 07:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Read many reviews I disagree with liking Avalon to a Buick. Judging strictly within the large car field based on price, features, comfort, build quality, reliability and mileage, Avalon is hands down the best. If you prefer a large car, what is wrong with a car that is well made, comfortable, reliable with a smooth ride and great gas mileage. The hype to promote other cars in the field such as the Taurus and LaCrosse is just that. These cars don't measure up to the Avalon. How does this make the Avalon an 'Old Man's car' and the others not?

Love this Car
By Patrick-Seattle on 07/12/10 19:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this, brand new, 30K, there is not a nicer car for the money on the road. Had an 03 745IL, and this compares very favorably. Nice power, quite ride, bluetooth works great, fun to drive. Ventilated seats are a great addition. I may not have the same "status" as the BMW or a Lexus, but for the money this is a crazy good car.

Waited 10 years
By tom on 06/20/10 17:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have a 2000 xls with 79,000 miles I bought new, and have been well satisfied. It is a great car. Found my current 2010 XLS with 9400 miles at a fair price with windows already tinted. Cocoa bean metallic/ ivory, lots of extras by original buyer. The wait was well worth it. Car is super quiet, solid, handles great, and gets great mileage 33mpg on road, 28 in town. Have gotten as high as 35mpg w/o the air. In my opinion, I like the Avalon better than the Lexus ES, its bigger, just as quiet, and more car for the money. Its a classy ride, big comfortable, and amazingly powerful for a v-6. Like the 2010 better than the 2011. 2011 has too much GORP, or chrome pieces to jazz it up!

Exceptional
By p teig on 06/14/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Avalon, my other was a 2007, and I am a committed Avalon owner. I am not sure why other reviews say the outside is bland, when I know my car receives a lot of head turns. Seriously, if you want a great car, solid construction, and durable, buy the Avalon.

Good but not Great
By D Jack on 05/19/10 18:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought in March and have almost 2K miles. Great gas mileage 25 mpg around town, 28 on 285 mile trip. a little more wind noise than expected but not to bad. exterior a little bland so we added tinted windows, spoiler and it looks much better. so far we are pleased with our choice

Nice car but
By Average Joe on 03/28/10 14:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive a lot and own each of the current Corolla, Camry, and Avalon models. To me, the biggest difference between the three is their size. They are all very roomy, comfortable riding and very quiet. The only reason I bought this Avalon was the huge back seat for passengers, otherwise I think the Camry is just as nice. The Corolla is still my favorite. Drive each of these three cars before you choose is my advice.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Avalon Sedan in VA is:

$103 per month*