2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Can't Get Any Better!
By cbchapman88 on 02/27/13 09:44 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 4-Runner new in 2006, it is 2013 now and it has 121,000 miles. I could not bare to trade in my 4-Runner before it hit the 100,000 mile mark. It has been a spectacular vehicle in every way! 121K miles and not a single mechanical issue. I have done regular maintenance and used premium gasoline the entire 7 years that I have had it, and not a SINGLE mechanical issue. I have made several trips half-way across the country, including two moves, and it never let me down. Seven years later, and it still cleans up like a brand new car and still drives like one too. I am planning on keeping this vehicle for another 100K miles, then I will surely buy another 4-Runner.

Outstanding Truck
By docsweat on 01/30/11 02:51 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a used 06 4Runner Ltd. I love it. Smooth ride on pavement. Went off road and it did great-and I put it through terrain/trails that would break a crossover and strand many other SUVs. The pavement ride is far smoother than any serious 4x4 I have owned or driven, including a jeep CJ-5 Willys, Cherokees, pickups, Blazers and Broncos. The 'bells and whistles' on the limited model make it a real joy and comfort for driver and passengers, especially if they are a family. Comfort on and off road is truly amazing. Toyota cured the two biggest gripes I had about my 98 4Runner-weak engine and too small gas tank. Also made cup holders that don't block the air vents.

LOVE this car
By tdtmd03 on 01/30/11 02:41 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife bought this car new. We drove it for three years and put about 60000 on it without ANY problems other than the navigation system which always seemed to have us wandering in the ocean whenever we drove down I-95 in Florida. It was reliable, fun to drive, great looking, comfortable. We traded it in because we needed 4WD as we were about to move to AK in 2009. We loved it so much we bought a 2004 4WD 4-runner and splurged on a 2008 land cruiser ( both have been fantastic). And the 2006 that we traded in was bought by my father in-law. He was a little miff that we just didn't sell him the car in the first place so that he didn't have to pay the extra dealer mark-up.

Best car I ever owned!
By lczep on 12/11/10 06:10 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had gone through 2 Ford Explorers. My last being a 2005 Eddie Bauer. Both never saw 40,000 miles before I began putting large amounts of money into them. In February of 2009, I purchased my 4Runner with 52,000 miles on it. Just opening and closing the doors, you could hear and feel the difference in the quality of this car vs. Ford. The gas mileage is almost double what I got with the Ford. It handles beautifully in the snow. It's a little more work to get it into 4 wheel drive, but worth the effort! It handles beautifully on the highway, and is just a fun car to drive. I will own this car until it falls apart...I have the feeling I'll fall apart before this car does!

Great SUV
By TN Driver on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded my 2006 4Runner that I bought new so I figured I had plenty of experience to leave a useful review having driven it 85,000 miles during that time. It was a great car. I only had to perform routine maintenance during the 5 years which was great. I just felt like we had outgrown this car with 2 small kids so I traded it in on a Buick Enclave. My husband had a 1997 4Runner prior to this one and we traded it in with 200k miles on it and he had no troubles with that one either. You can't go wrong with the 4Runner.

Warning bad exhaust manifolds
By richard on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Warning just having my vehicle serviced not under warranty with 55,000 miles on it for. Get ready cracked exhaust manifolds. That 's right these ex manifolds have the catalytic converter apparently built inside them. Both sides cracked cost $3500.00 U.S. What? You must ber kidding me. In 40 years of owning every type of car imaginable. Never have I needed to replace these items. 3500 dollars 9 hours of labor and the parts. This is total crap. Where is the quality. They apparently did another one a 2005 last week or two with exactly the same nonsense. Toyota. Hello how about a total recall for this major defect

Awesome SUV
By shrimper on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We've had this SUV for 4+ years and have no repairs at all except new brakes at 95,000 miles. We have 110,000 on it now and it works like it did the day we brought it home.

Awesome Truck
By C on 08/19/10 20:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

5 years of owning this 4runner, no issues yet, everything still original except for tires, had over 30,000 miles on them. just replaced with new ones. gas mileage: consistently average 25 a gallon, some trips i get 27-30. yes you're reading this correctly, i can get over 30 a gallon with the v6. pros-everything is great cons-NONE!

Great All Around
By Jon on 07/30/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my BMW 3series for this 4runner because I was moving up to the high mountains, Breckenridge Colorado. It handles amazingly in the snow, even with 2 wheel drive, and have never been nervous about my safety. Can fit 5 people comfortably, even with their winter layers on. Nice to have the rack already on top, just attach a board-rack and you're ready to hit the slopes. Does great on the highways here, which are constantly winding, the huge breaks are a plus.

One Great Truck!
By ryanmb21 on 05/13/10 09:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Two weeks after buying this 4runner I installed a 3 inch lift and 32" tires the resulting stance is much improved over stock's low nose. I will comment that these trucks are perfect for lifting 2-3 inches as the CV angles up front are in a squatted position. 50K miles later including several off-road trips and snowy jaunts to the mountains this 4runner continues to impress! I love it! All I do is oil changes and never had a problem, 100% recommend!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.