1992 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
1992 4runner v6 4x4
By rs_nasser on 10/08/11 18:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

recently purchased my 1992 4runner that i was looking for. it came will all the options and drives extremely smooth, brakes, transmisssion, everything. very well built car. i was mostlt SHOCKED when i found out GAS MILAGE is very bad. giving me 10 mpg city. any ideas from anyone as to why the mpg is soo baaad.? please help. ty

4-runner
By Ben Bruno on 11/21/05 22:39 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

Very good car. Dependable, and easy to drive. Built high enough to be an SUV, and feels like a truck. I am very happy with this car. I've had it for five years now. Last owner took special care of this car.

Nothing but problems
By lyndawoo on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I can't be negative enough on this vehicle. The only redeeming fact is I think the previous owner neglected this vehicle beyond hope. We bought it in Nov, 2001 with 115,000 miles on it and the engine promptly seized a week later. I questioned the tranny when I discovered the engine oil was pure sludge. We replaced the engine, and a month later the tranny went. Meanwhile, the electric motor on the back hatch is dead and the a/c doesn't work. We have bought numerous used cars in our lifetime, but this one ranks the worst of all. Bummer.