Used 2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

Best Car Ever!
By Tina G

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Suzuki XL7 for 7 years and have put 223,000 miles on it. In that time, I've only had one minor repair! The body has held up as well as the engine. This car is comfortable, looks great and is the most reliable car I've ever owned. Hoping to get another 100,000 reliable miles out of it :)

Reliability!

tranny failed 100,000 miles dont buy
By aaron ott

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was happy with this vehicle until the transmission failed. The mechanic pulled it apart and showed me the parts were cheap and paper thin. The customer service I received from corporate was terrible. Don't buy this car.

Third row seat.

transmission and customer service.

A very good buy in more ways then one!
By Nadia Adams

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My husband and I are Jeep lovers, when we met we both had Suzuki Samari's. We spent the last 2 years looking for the best vehicle to upgrade with. But after our son came along we were even more anxious on finding a dependable and secure Jeep to transport our bundle of joy. We stubbled across a pearl white XL7, after the test drive we were sold not to mention that it was in great condition and had low mileage. It looks good but when we have family outtings & picnics it accomdates everything from bodies to bags! My husband has even taken the Jeep filled with friends on an island tour of our country Barbados and every passenger was so comfortable during the ride they feel at intervals!

Hugs and sits on the road like a tank, yet drives like a luxury vehicle.

By Susan

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Suzuki and really like the performance, value and mileage. Getting a fully loaded XL-7 for 10k lower than everyone else makes this vehicle very affordable! My salesperson really knew her stuff, but sitting in the XL-7 actually sold itself. And talk about performance, someone drove my vehicle and said it drove like his Tahoe. I recommend you test drive one and you'll never buy anything ele. Unbelievable value for your hard-earned dollars!

Electric everything, sun roof, 6 disc cd player, self-locking doors if you forget to lock them, radio features on steering wheel.

More colors!

Colorado Cruising
By cologuy

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Overall this is a reliable vehicle. We have not had any maintenance issues. It has a snappy acceleration. I just had to get used to the power coming on at 3000 rpm. On the highway the ride is great except for a little road noise but not that bad. Around town the lady likes it for in and out of parking lots. Gas mileage is about 17 mpg in town and 21 to 23 on highway. The car survived quite well after being rear ended buy a F250 super duty ford diesel, impact was absorbed by the rear door mounted spare. After repair it is still driving great.

Easy entry and exit of vehicle. Nice roadability.

Gas mileage, road noise