1996 Subaru SVX Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SVX model:
In love with this car!!
By PshPlay on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Subaru SVX Coupe LSi 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought this car several years ago and other than a couple 02 sensors, and regular maintenance (oil changes and 50k mile service), it's been very reliable. I bought it because it was unique. Some people say they think the side windows would bother them but you really don't notice the line. Also, it has great visability (no blind spots). The car handles like it's on rails and is a real joy to drive. I'm surprised they don't hold their value better. I've met other SVX owners that have in excess of 250k miles on their car and they still love it. If you own one, you love it!

I am in love with this car.
By BofMouais on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Subaru SVX Coupe LSi 2dr Coupe AWD

This car’s amazing. I've had mine for 2 years and I still love it. Nobody else has one so it’s quite an attention getter. It performs quite well and goes very fast. My only complaint is that mine has had some mechanical problems, including the transmission going out. These repairs were expensive to fix, and not all places will work on this car because it's so uncommon. It probably wouldn't have had as many problems if I weren't so hard on the car. I drive it daily and I’m very rough on it.