Used 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Great Car
By Legacy Owner

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After logging 47,500 miles, I can say that this is a great car. I almost went with the Fusion, but am glad I purchased the Legacy instead. The AWD is great in the snow and the mp3 player input has helped me get through too many traffic jams. The only issue with the car is that it is a bit low on torque, but the manual shift mode mitigates that. Other than routine maintenance of changing tires, brakes, battery, and the other usual stuff all cars require, I had the interior door handle break in the dead of winter ($15 replacement). My gas mileage went from 23.5 mpg to 24.5-25 mpg after changing the tires from the stock set.

Favorite Features

AWD; leather interior; mp3 player input; reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the speakers with an after market set. Day-time running lights, but can be disabled. Get the Legacy GT if you need the torque and don't mind getting premium gasoline and lower mpg.

Nice car
By Mike P.

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I opted for the Limited edition prior to purchase after reading complaints about seat comfort (and because I prefer leather). My Legacy is comfortable, has great handling, and is fun to drive. This is my first Subaru after years of Toyota vehicles. I love the AWD, and I will not be going back.

Favorite Features

AWD handling, acceleration, safety

Suggested Improvements

Interior has some rattles and vibrations that bug me. Speakers are poor.

I will miss my Subaru
By Longtime Subie Owner

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We leased this car after our previous Legacy was 11 years old. There was no doubt about the replacement. Wife's only requirement was color (Diamond Gray Metallic), and it had to have a spoiler. There was no doubt about getting another Legacy, and this car exceeded our expectations. Great handling, just enough power to be fun, manual shift mode, in-dash 6CD player... This car was great, but with a growing family it is just not big enough. Trading up to a Toyota Sienna AWD. I will miss owning such a reliable, low-maintenance car.

Favorite Features

Reliability, handling, in-dash 6CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Easier to access LATCH restraints - not all carseats easily fit.

Fun to drive
By Loyal Subaru owner

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Love the dash setup and cup holders in the back. The car scoots even without all the turbo, and beats most from the stop light. Took a while for gas mileage to kick in, but once it hits the freeway it is pretty consistent 29 mpg. Love the average gas mileage gauge, it is accurate for the trip odometer. My new best friend is the heated seats, who'd have known.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, rear cup holders, average gas mileage gauge and dual temp control.

Suggested Improvements

Front cup holders (get in the way of armrest), visibility (head rests get in the way a bit) but you learn to adjust.

Awesome Car
By Jake

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have about 1900 miles on this car. The leather is beautiful. The driving performance is outstanding! Wonderful car for highway and city driving. Great maneuverability. Good sound system, not great radio reception. Excellent acceleration/horsepower. Gave up thoughts of the the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. Wanted a smaller driver's car. This is it!

Favorite Features

Leather quality; auto-stick; handling, build quality; heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Ability to roll down windows when engine is off, a bit more room in back seat.