2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Performance and a back seat
By rukuss on 07/06/12 20:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Performance (not enough character for review so to the point) Quarter-mile 14.5 but can be quicker (read) Handling-poor. Change the FRONT springs to "Tien" lowering springs, 2 hours and changes everything. Now, she power slides, launches keeping the rear spinning, quarter mile drops by a massive 0.7sec To 13.8. All thanks to a set of FRONT lowering springs. Don't question it, just understand it. Whomever made the decision for the suspension was smoking some real heavy stuff. Now it's the best damn car I EVER owned. Drifts, slides, rips up the q-mile and gets groceries. Reliable & dependable. Quick & subtle. Now it's right.

Great Car
By Legacy Owner on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After logging 47,500 miles, I can say that this is a great car. I almost went with the Fusion, but am glad I purchased the Legacy instead. The AWD is great in the snow and the mp3 player input has helped me get through too many traffic jams. The only issue with the car is that it is a bit low on torque, but the manual shift mode mitigates that. Other than routine maintenance of changing tires, brakes, battery, and the other usual stuff all cars require, I had the interior door handle break in the dead of winter ($15 replacement). My gas mileage went from 23.5 mpg to 24.5-25 mpg after changing the tires from the stock set.

Nice car
By Mike P. on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I opted for the Limited edition prior to purchase after reading complaints about seat comfort (and because I prefer leather). My Legacy is comfortable, has great handling, and is fun to drive. This is my first Subaru after years of Toyota vehicles. I love the AWD, and I will not be going back.

Great car
By Spoinny on 07/07/10 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Coming from a Volvo Wagon, was worried about interior comfort/quality. Seats are not nearly as comfortable as Volvo (very few cars are) but I got used to it fast and really am satisfied with the quality. Car looks somewhat sporty and has pretty good pick up for a 4 cylinder. No problems in the 1st winter but will be putting a set of snows on for next winter, just to be safe. All around a very reliable car that's not too frilly.

Bitter sweet
By Pigo on 01/09/10 12:47 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I always love driving this car. The only draw back, and it is a major concern for me, is the driver's seat is unbearable. Within a few days of buying the car the problem became very apparent.This style is by far the best design that Subaru ever came up with for the Legacy. Understated good looks and nothing pretentious about it. Of course in typical Subaru fashion, the stereo is terrible, but in this price range there really is nothing that compares.

Fun
By SoloK on 10/10/09 14:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded in a BMW 3 series wagon that, compared to the Legacy GT, drives like a truck. My daughter has an Audi A4 and that also does not compare. This car is more fun than any car I have owned. It accelerates wonderfully and handles well. It is very nimble and agile. I don't mind running errands because the car is so fun. There are some niceties that the BMW did have - like memory seats and mirrors - that this car is missing, but well worth the trade off. Best with a manual transmission.

Odor from front hood during defogging
By Jay on 10/10/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wouldn't mind if fuel economy was the only setback. I have odor problem. I am surprised I never read any complaints of this from Legacy owners??? During de-fogging operation, the air comes from the outside of the car, thru the front hood. I smell exhaust (?) odor. I went to the dealer and they said they found no problem. There is a rubber pad that isolates the air inlet of the hood from the engine compartment. I think this Legacy has a poor design on blocking odor from the engine area. I noticed other models (Acura, Toyota etc) have better isolation pads.

Reliable but uncomfortable
By wvfrontier on 09/22/09 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive quite a distance to work everyday and wanted a reliable economical car. I got both those things in my Subaru legacy but what I didn't get was any comfort. The seats in the legacy are the most uncomfortable hard seats I have ever set in. You cannot stand to sit in them for more then 15 min. which makes going for long drives in this car unbearable.

Legacy hasn't disappointed
By Penguins9 on 08/18/09 12:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this vehicle for almost three months and couldn't be happier. I have yet to drive in the snow, but overall handling is good. The interior has a nice sleek design with a nice sporty exterior. The most impressive aspect of this car is the smoothness on highways. After searching nearly six months for my newest purchase, I narrowed my search to the Legacy and Civic. I went with the Legacy because of price and AWD. In my two months, I have been extremely impressed with Subaru.

I will miss my Subaru
By Longtime Subie Owner on 05/19/09 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We leased this car after our previous Legacy was 11 years old. There was no doubt about the replacement. Wife's only requirement was color (Diamond Gray Metallic), and it had to have a spoiler. There was no doubt about getting another Legacy, and this car exceeded our expectations. Great handling, just enough power to be fun, manual shift mode, in-dash 6CD player... This car was great, but with a growing family it is just not big enough. Trading up to a Toyota Sienna AWD. I will miss owning such a reliable, low-maintenance car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.