2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Overall a solid little wagon

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Review

Overall a solid little wagon
By mck on

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for about three months now, and am overall quite pleased with it. I wanted something that handled well, got decent mileage, and could haul stuff in a pinch. I narrowed down my search to two vehicles with the other being the Mazda3. The Mazda had less cargo space and will not take a trailer hitch, and lacks roof rails, although it is slightly less expensive and reportedly gets better mileage. I recently subjected it to a 2,500 mile road trip and consistently got just above 31 mpg on the highway (and much of this was through the mountains of North Carolina with the AC on); in the city I got around 25.

The wagon handles well, especially on wet pavement and on dirt roads, and the ride is smooth for a compact car.

I have to agree with most of the other reviews regarding rear leg room and the sub par stereo. I would also add that the air conditioning could be more powerful. I gets the job done but does not cool the car down as quickly as I would like.