2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual w/Silver-Painted Wheels Consumer Review - Not just a WRX on

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Review

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Not just a WRX on steroids
By Ichiro on

I've driven and owned a variety of Subaru cars for the last ten years. My previous car being a 2002 WRX which I've had for over three years. So when I first got to test drive the STi, I just couldn't believe the difference in performance, especially in cornering speed and suspension dynamics. The 6MT transmission (with factory installed short shifter) is the best manual transmission Subaru has to offer by far. NVH? I call that communication with the road. It's funny, my 2005 STi has the EXACT same rattles as my 2002 WRX. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Favorite Features

Driver controlled center differential, shift light tachometer, HID headlights.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaints are aesthetic and are shared by many others in my demographic (30 year old professional): the huge scoop and wing and the gaudily colored interior.