2002 Subaru Impreza 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - After 30,000 Miles...

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Review

After 30,000 Miles...
By keithlb1 on

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I still love driving this car, and I can't wait to drive it to work. I did install aftermarket speakers and XM radio. The car still needs a nice tint of the windows, and I bought some nice Michelins to replace the stock Potenzas. Reliability is fine. I have only had to replace a set of brake shoes. Car handles very well, but does need a little tweaking in extreme cornering. But what car that costs under 25000 dollars corners like a Subie WRX? Not many! All is well with the sport wagon WRX I even like the first design better than the new design, seems to have more personality than the refinesd version out now.

Favorite Features

AWD, turbo charged bliss, nice Momo steering wheel, nice sporty seats, scoop on top like a retro funny car, I know many people rather have the air forced in from the bottom like the EVO, but I like the functional scoop at the top, personality of the car shines through.

Suggested Improvements

Low end acceleration before 3000 rpms Less understeer on hard corners, higher quality fog lights and headlamps.