Used 1995 Subaru Impreza LX Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Bulletproof
By joppelaar

1995 Subaru Impreza LX 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought my 95 LX while living in Vancouver, Canada seven years ago. Six months in, the engine blew. Turned out it was a faulty repair that resulted in the engine chewing itself to bits. The dealer sourced a used one ($2000 CDN, including labor), and gave me 3 months' warranty on the work. 7.5 years later (with 262,000 kms on the clock) it still runs like a top. I took it in to have it smogged last fall and the tester said, "what does this thing run on, air??" Emissions were lower than some new hybrids he'd tested.

All the usual good stuff about subarus is represented here - great in snow, pretty strong little motor (the 2.2 at least) and better than your average econobox to drive.

Great Little Car!
By Jim

1995 Subaru Impreza LX 4dr Wagon AWD

This car has been in our family since new. Minor routine maintenance and we have 145,000 miles and still going like the day we took it home. AWD makes it burn a little extra gas, but this car rides better on the ice and snow than our jeep! Love the split back seats, nice pep in the 2.2, and still doesn't burn a drop of oil. Would only hope that our next car runs this well.

AWD in the winter, ice cold AC in the summer. Reliable, lots of room for a subcompact wagon, peppy 2.2 liter.

Cup holder is in a bad position to drip into the radio / shift mechanism. After market would probably take care of that problem- can't have it all I guess.