2004 Scion xB Consumer Review: Toaster Doesn't Waffle

2004 Scion xB - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Toaster Doesn't Waffle
By gbvideopro on

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I first noticed on a business trip to Japan last year that many of the car were boxy looking "mini-vans" but they looked cool. I immediately upon seeing the xB here took one for a test drive and was very impressed that my 6'1" frame could fit comfortably in the back seat with the front seats positioned all the way back without touching my knees. The cargo space is very adequate for 90% of what I need to carry. Although the stock configuration is under powered, I have managed to make it acceptable by adding the optional Cold Air Intake. This is a mandatory option in my opinion. I have also added exhaust headers and a larger muffler to gain power. with no hit on gas MPG.

Favorite Features

Power windows, powered and heated mirrors, and 33-35MPG driving at real world interstate highway speeds! Easy to find parking. Can haul 27" TV home in the box!

Suggested Improvements

Clearly the best thing would be the option for a more powerful engine! The xB shares the same engine as the Toyota Echo while the xB clearly weighs several hundred pounds more.