2006 Scion xA 1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great car for my needs

2006 Scion xA - Consumer Review

Great car for my needs
By calpolyscion on

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had the typical doubts about Scion. I didn't think it would survive as Toyota's child. The whole ad campaign of the hip gen y car is a bit tacky, but I believe but the car is a solid reminder that it's a Toyota. I am one who prefers small cars however sometimes I fear that I am too small to be seen. The rear seats fold down easily to store my larger items when needed. Overall the Scion xA is a solid compact package. It is much cheaper than a Corolla with the standard options although the Corolla is a bit wider. The driver's seat position is more like that of a minivan or SUV and the speedometer and gauge are in the center, but this is easy to get used to and actually makes a lot of sense.

Favorite Features

Handling, stereo system, gas mileage, compactness, easy to park anywhere, smooth transmission, side mirror blinkers, the fact that it's made in Japan (other than being a Japanese make, if you know what I mean), and simple clear compactness of everything.

Suggested Improvements

This car has too many options that should be standard. I don't know if I buy the whole "pure price" thing on Scions. A sunroof option would be nice. An arm rest should be standard. Keyless entry should also be standard. It needs a 5th gear in automatic transmission.