Used 2012 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2012 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Most Helpful|
love my scion!
By scionlover

2012 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Ive owned a 2006 release series 2.0 and recently decided to upgrade to the 2012 scion tc..and i LOVE it! i bought the base model with an manual transmission and i have been getting inbetween 31-33 IN TOWN. no exageration on that either. the new model has much more room, in the front and back and has a sleeker look. It has Plenty of horsepower for a car that only cost me $18500! great reliability and great design. i recently added foglights which i love and a K&N intake and it gives the engine a good bark! long story short, couldnt be more happy with my purchase and i recommend this car to everyone!

Favorite Features

sunroof manual transmission built in subs and sound system gas milage for a sports car

Suggested Improvements

better quality plastics for interior

Good First Car but Wish I Had Taken a Different Route
By bigzman95

2012 Scion tC Hatchback Release Series 7.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car since the day it hit the lot back in September of 2011. While there are a lot of things I love about my car, there are also things that I don't. Overall it's a pretty good car but I wish I had done more research before buying it. For instance, by the time I added some options onto my car, the purchase price was well into the upper $20k range. For that amount of money I honestly wish I had went with something like the Subaru WRX, which is faster, AWD and has four doors. Scion makes lots of attractive points to buyers, but honestly the cars are a bit overpriced in my opinion. If you want a car for a new driver I'd look at the Dodge Dart or Subaru Impreza.

Favorite Features

Pretty fun to drive, handles well for a front-wheel drive car, keyless entry and push button start (Release Series only), very good looking car, still gets lots of stares and looks from people and gets lots of compliments, surprisingly spacious for a two door car (can comfortably seat four adults over 6ft tall), gets around 33 MPG on the highway if you set cruise control to about 70 MPH, lots of available options that are dealer or port installed including performance parts such as sway bars, lots of leg room for taller drivers

Suggested Improvements

Seats are not the best in the world but liveable, transmission acts weird in manual / slapshift mode, poor visibility all around the car (hard to see how close you are to curbs, terrible rear blindspots), interior is a little on the cheap side and pieces have easily broken during normal use, radio headunit is disappointing and frustrating, car is overpriced when compared to performance and options of similarly classed cars such as the Subaru WRX, not many aftermarket parts if you're into car modification

Love my yellow tc!
By urbandk8

2012 Scion tC Hatchback Release Series 7.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We love our TC! It is fun to drive, easy on the eyes, and has all the safety features that we were looking for. I love that the backseat is large and that the passenger and driver seats move all the way to the dashboard for easy entrance and to and from the back seat. My husband loves to drive this car and also loves the fact that he is 6'9 (all legs) and fits comfortably!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the large backseat and a driver and passenger seat that move all the way forward for easy entrance and exit to and from the back. This makes getting a child in a carseat/out of a carseat a piece of cake! I also love the fold down seats and the hatch! We have taken this car on vacation to the beach just because everything fits so nicely!

Suggested Improvements

The air conditioning/blower/temperature controls could use some updating.

Super TC
By scaleman2

2012 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is one of the most fun cars I have ever driven. I have owned BMW Infiniti and a host of others and the TC holds up to the more expensive brands. I have had this car over a month and it is excellent. Gas mileage so far is 27 mpg which is excellent. It is superb in handling, acceleration and overall performance. My friends cannot believe the quality of this car for a small price, it looks more expensive than it is. People don't believe me when I tell them the price. Scion has a winner with this car.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, the overall look of the car, The sound system is excellent and the ride is great. It is versatile, the hatch is fantastic, the seats comfortable. I added leather which gives it a nice look but the cloth seats looked great also. This car is solid, and it moves for a car with 180 horsepower.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe the rear wiper would be a good idea.

scion2012
By scion12

2012 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded 2003 RSX Acura. Have had it since Sep. 2012, have driven it 9000 miles. Best bang for the buck considering the 180hp smooth reving engine. incredible value: panoramic sunroof, 300 watts blue tooth pioneer, 18in alloys, flat bottom thick steering, six speed auto...Very comfortable, roomy inside, leg room is incredible in the back, cargo room huge, comfortable ride for a coupe, handling is prdictable and sharp. huge brake calibers. This car is begging to be driven cross country. looks expensive, you donn't see many on the roads. Yes the interior is plasticy as others have mentioned, but it's only $20k.

Favorite Features

high horse power and torque engine, six speed auto, 300 watt pioneer.

Suggested Improvements

The dash.