Used 2010 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2010 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

I know 4 People who have this same issue
By tanya1977

2010 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car . My husband has a 2006 my friend has a 2007 and another friend has a 2008. I was backing up and this loud squeeking sound came from my car, my husband was with me and said his car does the same thing, I had my breaks checked and the pads are fine . I was leaving work one day and it happened again and a co worker who owns a tc came out to stop me and said her car does the same thing, Where I live is an aparment complex and I could not beleive it a girl that drives a tc was backing up and her car did the same thing I stopped her and she said it started out of the blue , This only happens when you back it up . This should be looked into i think it is a manufacture issue

This is a real nice machine!
By jdlewis95

2010 Scion tC Release Series 6.0 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2010 TC brand new off the showroom. I have owned nothing but BMW's for the last 17 years. My last BMW was a 2008 328 Xi, great car but it was $47000.00 and I have 2 kids coming up for college in a few years, so I wanted to get a new car that was close to the BMW comfort and handling for less $$. I fell in love with the TC. It has the Camry motor, and the TC weighs much less, so it's fast with 161 HP. With the HUGE top open and the windows down it feels like a convertible. It has ABS brakes, and it handles like a German car. The stereo is great, the Bluetooth is nice, the steering is awesome, and the car has awesome power...and it's $27000.00 less than the BMW. Very NICE!!!!

Favorite Features

The entire car looks real sweet, but I love the handling and the engine.

Suggested Improvements

18" Rims standard. The 17's look great, but I am a large rim guy

Don't Buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!
By guille3

2010 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased a 2010 Scion Tc, with 84 miles on it, from the dealer on Sunday and drove it to work on Monday. The car is supper noisy and handles squirrelly at high freeway speeds. Plus my back hurts from the seats. Took it back to the dealer the next day and he wanted to discount 4k off of what I paid for it. I really what to get rid of it, any suggestions?

Favorite Features

Looks Nice

Suggested Improvements

The seats, cabin noise, rattles and Squeaky noises from the body. Oh and just about every thing else!

Fantastic, Ultra-Reliable Car
By ray137

2010 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is a black 2006. This same model carries all the way over to 2010. I now have 115,000 on it and the only things I have done are oil changes, transmission fluid, new brakes, and tires. Still runs like brand new. You will not find any other car out there for under 18 grand that has all the features of this vehicle. The 5-speed shifter is buttery smooth, even at 115,000. There is plenty of low and mid-range torque. I drop it into 3rd and hit the gas to merge onto highway and it blasts forward with no issues. Although the huge glass sunroof makes it top heavy, the car still handles corners very well. Plenty of power. If you want more power, then you will have to pay much more than 18 grand.

Favorite Features

Standard dual-pane glass sunroof Buttery smooth 5-speed shifter Standard beautiful 17-inch alloy wheels Lots of low to mid-range torque with 162 lbs. of torque. (If you want noticeable more power for little money, just install an Injen Cold Air Intake, Axle or Cat Back Exhaust, and Agency Power Light Weight Crank Pulley.) You'll see complaints about lack of power and even comparing the tC to civic si which is absurd. Again, if you want more power spend 4 grand or more for a civic Si, mazdaspeed3, minicooper s, etc. and stop whining. How much power can you possibly expect for under 18 grand? Plus you can only go so fast unless you want to kill yourself or others by racing on highways.

Suggested Improvements

None. This car is one of the absolute best bargains out there. You will not find a single car out there that has all the options this car has standard for under 18 grand. The huge glass power sunroof that you get on this car as a standard feature is worth around two grand or more. The standard 17-inch alloy rims are around 376 bucks each. The engine and clutch are pretty much indestructible, provided they are not abused. It uses 87 octane, which is a big plus with gas prices that keep going up and up. Although the gas mileage could be better, considering the power the engine is putting out, 20 city and 27 mpg highway isn't all that bad. Do note that the manual is quite quicker than automatic

Great Car
By RayL

2010 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car to drive. Not only do you get a very nice price you get alot of features included. I do disagree on the ratings of performance it has great power for the engine you are working with, but it is the styling of the car which got me hooked on this car. You will have a smile everytime you drive it.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, pioneer system, trd exhaust

Suggested Improvements

the only inprovement i could ask for is a higher caliber engine and it would be perfect