1994 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
good car built to last
By rickmoon on 02/28/09 18:33 PM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I have had my sc2 for a year now, I bought it with 99000 on it now i have 111000. The only problem that I have had is I had to replace the tail pipe and flex pipe. Other than that it runs great,looks great and is very reliable.

Radiator Problems
By Tracey on 01/15/09 07:47 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I have had my Saturn for 7 years. Bought it with only 17,000 miles on it. I have never had any major problems with it until now. My radiator light keeps flashing and it seems I am always adding radiator fluid. My check engine light came on this morning and scared me a bit, but this is the first time in a long time I have had to fix this car. And has the company ever heard of cup holders? That drives me insane! In all, the car has treated me amazing in the past 7 years and it's 15 yrs old now!

Went Lookin for an old SL1
By Wild4stangs on 09/10/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I just purchased a 94 SL1 sedan from a friend of mine, who has a son that works in a local Saturn dealer. This car was traded in by the original owner. Car has 217k on it, and the engine was replaced at around 150k. I purchased the car purely as a commuter car, as I drive 110 miles round trip daily, and diesel was getting way too expensive. This car runs perfect, and has been getting low 40's in the MP department! This is no BMW, but for what it is, it is a nice little beater

300,000 miles and still rolling.
By easylover on 08/19/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $5000 with 100,000 miles in my last year of high school. I drove it thru college (5 years) and to my first job. Both of my younger sisters have put a couple of years in with this thing and it's still going strong. Gotta watch the oil though, it does burn it up.

Fantastic SL
By werner339 on 07/10/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

I couldn't be happier with this car. With 230K miles, I've only replaced minor components, plus usual wear and tear, like 1 alternator, 1 battery. 5 sets of tires. Suspension is original, motor never gone into, still gets mid 30sMPG, doesn't burn oil. Interior still excellent, paint peeling from desert sun to be expected.

Lots of Potential
By Mike on 06/08/08 19:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle as my first car, and am very satisfied. Awesome milage (41 with a K&N Airfilter + straight through muffler), good cornering because it's very light (only 300 lbs. heavier than a Lotus Elise), and can be quick with very few mods and the knowledge of how to drive a stick. Fun to drive. Only problems are poor weather sealant, rusts everywhere but the body, some interior panels could be more secure, bad drivers window, and needs a quart of oil every 1,500 miles. Hopefully I can fix it with an oil cooling kit. Awesome car. Thanks Saturn!

The Little Car That Could
By OffRoad P.R. on 05/20/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I've had my SLII for nearly 10yrs and it won't die. It's been stolen, in several fender benders, gone on long road trips, never had covered parking and it's in good condition and runs like a champ! It's by no means a luxury vehicle, but it still gets great gas mileage and has comparative get-up-n-go to current cars in it's class. It's encouraged her family members to purchase Saturns, all at very affordable prices. After 14yrs it still passes the state's strict smog standards, has never broken down or left me stranded, and I would guess is close to or over 300,000 miles on the engine (odometer was broken 5yrs ago when it was stolen). I love my Saturn!

Low Quality Car
By jerry on 03/13/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Overall this car never left me stranded. But, the quality of the car was not good. It only had 76,000 mile on it when I bought it. Yet trim pieces fell off all the time, one of the power windows only worked sometimes, many little things. However, the major issue was that the engine block actually broke where the motor mount bolted to the block (not the mount but the actual block). Thus, I have a perfectly running engine with 82,000 miles on it. But no way to bolt the engine to the car. Pretty much makes the car (or at least the engine) worthless.

Lasted
By BKilla on 03/09/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I never had any problems with my Saturn. It did have an oil leak so I stopped getting my oil changed 4 years ago and just started adding new oil in it. I have put well over 203,000 miles on this car without any problems. Seriously. I had wanted a new car so I kept thinking that with not getting its oil changed it might break down or something, but it never did! I actually sold it, and I must say I know it will keep going strong with the amount of miles and the sad sad way I abused it. (yes I know I was young & dumb I will never not change the oil in a car again)

Who Knew?
By Commando44 on 12/31/07 12:13 PM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

Who Knew that a Saturn was a good car. I wrecked my old car and needed another to commute 40 miles round trip to work. I cam across a '94 SL1 with 35K miles on it......I did a double take, and investigated and it looked to be a real deal. My first driving impressions was that it was ok, but it grew on me. Odometer went out and had to be repaired, but other than that, its a winner. It rides well and has decent performance. You will like the fuel economy and the reliability.