Used 2009 Saab 9-7X SUV Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:

Great Luxury SUV
By dukeu

2009 Saab 9-7X SUV 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is fun to drive, and handles superbly in the snow. The price for a used one is incredibly low. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that wants luxury, and all the equipment. Everyone compliments the exterior design and appearance. And those who ride in it want to know where to buy one.

Outstanding cargo space without making the SUV too large to handle well. The Bose sound system with in dash 6 disk player is wonderful.

None

9 7x - 5.3
By Thomas Coffeepa

2009 Saab 9-7X SUV 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV. Performance and handling are like no other SUV I have driven. We test drove both the 6 and 8 cylinder, and opted for the 8. Fuel economy was not much different between 6 or 8 so we went for the power. Wise choice. The V-8 power together with all wheel drive is fantastic.

Love the power.

Cup holders need some work. Fuel economy is not very good. 17 MPG on a cross country trip (average 80-85 mph)

Good SUV value
By just right

2009 Saab 9-7X SUV 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Due to the incentives and rebates I was able to purchase a 9-7X brand new for 25,000. For the price this is an outstanding value for this vehicle considering it comes with a 50,000 mile warranty. Comfortable, fun to drive and the interior is better than the other SUV's I tested costing much more. The six cylinder has ample power and it handles the road better than the 4-Runner I owned. I know people like to point out that this is not a "true" SAAB. However, this is not a a typical GM offering either. For the price I did not find a better mid-sized SUV.

Interior and the comfortable, quiet ride. Excellent Bose sound system and heated seats.

A little more storage in the center console.

Can't beat the value!
By NewSaabist

2009 Saab 9-7X SUV 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased a new 9-7x. I have to say that I would not have looked at this vehicle if I had to pay the sticker price of $43,000, but with $17,000 in rebates and other incentives this vehicle is a great value. I already have a Trailblazer so I am familiar with the platform. As you might expect the Saab is much nicer on the inside and has much better handling. The only knock is the fuel economy but I knew this from the Trailblazer. If you can get the rebates and incentives and you're in the SUV market, I think this SUV is worth a look.

Leather interior, driver seat memory, on-star, power, AWD.

GM, don't scrap Saab entirely! Try sell it to a good buyer (not TATA).