2004 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Good Value - but questions remain
By Gary on 10/17/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great Gas Mileage. Fun Car to drive. Fits smaller people like a glove. Some quirks that seem not to make sense such as Headlights always on(Can not be turned off at any time), Front windows recall(mine were fixed under warranty before recall), Front of car including hood chips very easily, and most nagging for me is the fan in the car is always on(air comes through vents constantly). These things get noticed after newness of car wears off!

My Vibe ROCK!!!
By Jennifer on 04/28/08 08:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I originally bought a 2003 Vibe the year they came out, and traded it for and 04 GT. This is the best car I have ever had. I have 125,000 miles on mine and have only put 1 set of brakes, 1 set of tires and a battery in my Vibe. This car ROCKS. I will drive it until the wheels fall off and get another one.

I love my GT
By southerndelight on 10/08/07 16:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love the handling, comfort, and looks of my GT! I have the only one in my city and surrounding area everybody wants my car! I do not plan on trading this one I do believe I will drive it till the wheels fall off!

Thank You Vibe!
By Accident Survivor on 10/05/07 05:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My 4 year daughter and myself were involved in a head on collision with our Vibe. A woman ran a stop light and hit us head on going about 45-50 mph. All I can say is, this car certainly made an impression for me to buy a new one without hesitation. The front end was totally demolished and totalled, yet both of us were able to walk away with only bruises. The structure of the impact and how well it protected us was simply amazing. For being a small SUV, it's stylish, great on gas, avg. 30-35 mpg everyday driving, and the room inside is amazing. After owning it over a year, I still can say I love the Vibe! No major problems for functionality!

Most practical car I've owned
By PolarBear on 08/08/06 17:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car because of its reliability and versatility. I frequently lay the seats down to haul loads. My lifetime mpg over 50,000 miles is 34.1 combined. I've owned a number of Hondas, and they have all used less fuel and had more power. Whoever designed the cruise control was on drugs. Drop below 25 mph and it loses it's memory and has to be reset. I don't like the daytime running lights. The oem Continental tires only lasted 15k miles without hard driving. The Michelin Hydroedge replacements really make the car handle better. If GM built all their cars with this kind of quality and practicality, they wouldn't be in financial trouble. Like an suv without the disadvantages.

fun car
By K Koepping on 07/20/06 20:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We bought the Vibe as a company car. We needed a reliable vehicle with great gas mileage and lots of room to haul stuff. It's been great. When we got 39 mpg on the road last month driving between jobs we were thrilled down to the wallet. It's been a great car.

Love this car
By Ron Nichols on 07/13/06 07:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great little car. Good performance and great looks, much better than the Matrix. Fuel economy is considerably better than EPA rating. I have only one problem with the car since new-a cracked battery case- an it was fixed under warranty. 46000 miles and no other problems. Plenty of room and comfortable.

The right Vibe
By Steve LaCasse on 11/14/04 09:08 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Pontiac has his the right Vibe with this sports wagon. The Vibe interior is very comfortable around town or on long trips, there is plenty of interior room for all 4 passengers. Great fuel economy and a very peppy, yet loud engine that hopefully will be refined by the time I buy my next Vibe. The folding back seats allow for great cargo storage. This vehicle is a little of everything one needs in a small SUV/Sports wagon, it's so fun to own and drive everyday, great job Pontiac.

Good Performance at Reasonable Cost
By Dale Hartough on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Pontiac Vibe has very good performance for the cost. I drive a six speed GT version. It has amazing acceleration in passing situations. The loading area is very good. A very practical, performance option.

vibe GT black
By blujkts on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Fun, practicle and still a 'lil sexy for a semi-grocery wagon.