Used 2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Good Value - but questions remain
By Gary

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great Gas Mileage. Fun Car to drive. Fits smaller people like a glove. Some quirks that seem not to make sense such as Headlights always on(Can not be turned off at any time), Front windows recall(mine were fixed under warranty before recall), Front of car including hood chips very easily, and most nagging for me is the fan in the car is always on(air comes through vents constantly). These things get noticed after newness of car wears off!

Good sound system, extra power outlets, high beam headlamps have great exposure to both sides of road, all components easily reached from drivers seat!

Head lights that turn off ventilation fans that can be turned off. Better paint (chipping) on front of car

My Vibe ROCK!!!
By Jennifer

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I originally bought a 2003 Vibe the year they came out, and traded it for and 04 GT. This is the best car I have ever had. I have 125,000 miles on mine and have only put 1 set of brakes, 1 set of tires and a battery in my Vibe. This car ROCKS. I will drive it until the wheels fall off and get another one.

I love my GT
By southerndelight

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love the handling, comfort, and looks of my GT! I have the only one in my city and surrounding area everybody wants my car! I do not plan on trading this one I do believe I will drive it till the wheels fall off!

I like the 6 speed manual transmission and the comfort of this car!

Thank You Vibe!
By Accident Survivor

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My 4 year daughter and myself were involved in a head on collision with our Vibe. A woman ran a stop light and hit us head on going about 45-50 mph. All I can say is, this car certainly made an impression for me to buy a new one without hesitation. The front end was totally demolished and totalled, yet both of us were able to walk away with only bruises. The structure of the impact and how well it protected us was simply amazing. For being a small SUV, it's stylish, great on gas, avg. 30-35 mpg everyday driving, and the room inside is amazing. After owning it over a year, I still can say I love the Vibe! No major problems for functionality!

The interior room, gas mileage is great, and the overall design is stylish.

Place audio/cd control buttons on wheel like the Grand Prix's/Am's.

Most practical car I've owned
By PolarBear

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car because of its reliability and versatility. I frequently lay the seats down to haul loads. My lifetime mpg over 50,000 miles is 34.1 combined. I've owned a number of Hondas, and they have all used less fuel and had more power. Whoever designed the cruise control was on drugs. Drop below 25 mph and it loses it's memory and has to be reset. I don't like the daytime running lights. The oem Continental tires only lasted 15k miles without hard driving. The Michelin Hydroedge replacements really make the car handle better. If GM built all their cars with this kind of quality and practicality, they wouldn't be in financial trouble. Like an suv without the disadvantages.

Comfort, visibility, ability to carry cargo, handling. Fun to drive. Rock solid reliability-hasn't been back to the shop for anything.

Reprogram the cruise control. More power and/or better fuel economy. Ditch the drl's. Better tires from the factory.