Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Love This Car! 238K and Still Going Strong!
By Ben Morris

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 137,000 miles on it six years ago. According to the previous owner the transmission was replaced at 130,000 miles. I have had very little trouble with this car, the only real repair it has needed was that the rocker panels needed to be replaced. This is a great looking vehichle with classic great looking Pontiac lines. My least favorite part of this car was the low quality of the interior, which I feel that I could easily tear apart. The performance of this car has been outstanding though. Though the 3.1L isn't as fast as the 3.8L, it is much less prone to blowing head gaskets and mine has gotten to 238K miles and I still haven't had an issue. I get great gas mileage(19 City, 32 Highway), and the wide body design makes steering feel controlled, as I once was able to evade a moose going 60 in a 55! Overall I love this car and I would recommend it to anyone.

Reliable, but has quirks
By Big Jim

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Has some electronics and electrical issues. Engine and transmission are solid. Got for about $5k several years ago. Hasn't missed a beat.

the truth about this care
By Austin Boles

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

do not get this car take it from me I have one it is terrible

I might get another!
By packisgreat

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've had 2002 GT Cpe since 2005 and at 125K it's going strong. Only larger repair has been a wheel bearing. It gets up to 30MPG-which was a 2200 mile trip at about 83 MPH in Mn and ND when it was at abt 110K. Uses no oil. Only irritating thing is the water leaking into tail lights. I'm looking to get a 2001 for my son.

Power-very decent MPG for the size and power Reliable

Too late they stop making Poncho's But the taillights leaking is a pain.

Great car, very reliable
By deabomb

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE that I bought in February 2003 with 24000 miles on it. Almost 12 years later with just under 110,000 miles on it, she is still going strong. The only major problem I had with it in 2008 was the known issue of the intake manifold gasket leaking and blowing coolant out. It cost me $700 to fix the damage. Other than that snafu, it hasn't given me any trouble. I love this car. Hubby wants me to trade it in for something newer with more bells and whistles, but I can't part with it. It has been a solid, reliable car for me and I hope I can get another 100,000 miles out of it.

My favorite features on this car is the enormous trunk and large interior.

I am not a fan of the cheesy car diagram on the dash, but I have gotten over it in the past 12 years!

• SUV