Used 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

grand prix SE
By bsedgal

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

This car was ok, but had some issues and depreciated. Bought it in 02 for 7k and sold it in 05 for 1400 while in college. Issues were leaky weather stripping on the sun roof, would drip on me after rains. Gas gauge out (bad sending unit), a/c went out. Other than that major mechanical was fine and so was drivability.

99 grand prix
By lcbsacto

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

have had this car for 184,000 miles and has been a great car decent gas milage from a 3.1 v-6 engine

dash easy to read seats are commfy as all get up

My Blue Bird
By jackrussel420

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE with the 3.8 Liter motor and I have to say it is a fast car, for being just the SE anyways. I've gotten up for 115mph in under 10 seconds! Engine has oil pressure problems anyone know why? other than that the only thing that has gone wrong is I had to replace a window regulator which is typical for any car these days. Oh and did i mention mine only has 47,000 miles and it is 13 years old!

Radio, steering control, steering wheel controls

stronger door panels, different style cup holders

americanmade
By americanmade

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

truly american made, very reliable, no regrets. good mpg, pleasure to drive. did a lot of research b4 bought car. stayed away from supercharged models. nothing but qudos for 3.8 stnd. good rm for big people. plenty of power. looks great(for american made. I got a good one!

lighted dash, layout of controls,handling response, stereo

sits to low

Good Old Pontiac!
By prdsubrbndrvr

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

My parents are the original owners since new! I drive the Grand Prix whenever I come home because I love it, nice break from my Suburban! The Grand Prix has 114,000 miles on it and still resembles a newer car. The 3.8L engine is undestructable and has never failed us! Just usual oil changes, and minimal problems. My dad will run this car until it can go no longer, which should not be anytime soon.

3.8L V6, Ice A/C (5 vents), Bose sound, steering wheel controls, huge backseat, pass through trunk, Pontiac reliability, fire engine red, spoiler!

Everyone has complained of the window motors which we have experienced too, but i say its better than mechanical problems.. none of those!