1999 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
99 grand prix
By lcbsacto on 04/04/13 13:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

have had this car for 184,000 miles and has been a great car decent gas milage from a 3.1 v-6 engine

My Blue Bird
By jackrussel420 on 02/05/12 18:53 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE with the 3.8 Liter motor and I have to say it is a fast car, for being just the SE anyways. I've gotten up for 115mph in under 10 seconds! Engine has oil pressure problems anyone know why? other than that the only thing that has gone wrong is I had to replace a window regulator which is typical for any car these days. Oh and did i mention mine only has 47,000 miles and it is 13 years old!

americanmade
By americanmade on 01/21/10 18:09 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

truly american made, very reliable, no regrets. good mpg, pleasure to drive. did a lot of research b4 bought car. stayed away from supercharged models. nothing but qudos for 3.8 stnd. good rm for big people. plenty of power. looks great(for american made. I got a good one!

Good Old Pontiac!
By prdsubrbndrvr on 11/15/08 21:15 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

My parents are the original owners since new! I drive the Grand Prix whenever I come home because I love it, nice break from my Suburban! The Grand Prix has 114,000 miles on it and still resembles a newer car. The 3.8L engine is undestructable and has never failed us! Just usual oil changes, and minimal problems. My dad will run this car until it can go no longer, which should not be anytime soon.

Excedllent used car, fun to drive!
By GiGi on 03/25/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I needed another car, wasn't in a position to buy a new car right, saw this car and liked it right away. I've always liked the Grand Prix, they look so darn good. I've only had mine for a couple of months but so far I have put about 1500 miles on it and have had no problems with it even though it is a 9 year old car. The previous owner took care of it and I love to drive it. It has power when I need it. It is roomy enough for my three children, it feels like a big car on the inside but it is sporty looking on the outside. It burns more gas than my previous car, which is to be expected since my Mazda was a 4 cylinder and this is a V6. I just love this car.

Not bad
By E on 02/22/08 22:08 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

Really good car! Bought at 112000 now has 185000. No problems whatsoever except for an O2 sensor. Still picks up and goes. 3.8l engines are bulletproof in my opinion.

Great Car
By Brian99 on 03/17/07 12:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I love my '99 Grand Prix. It has great power for having over 115,000 miles on it. I have noticed a hole forming on the passenger side under the door and I have seen others with it too. Its an older car so I know its bound to happen, but it makes me sad because I love this car so much!! I recommend the Grand Prix if you want a sporty car with some power.

Pretty good first car!
By hannie88_07 on 12/20/06 10:46 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a car in the range of 3000-4500 dollars for my first car and this one my dad said would be awesome! And it is!

My Red Pontiac Grand Prix!
By Automan on 07/25/05 16:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I love my car. It is red w/the 3.8 V6 and the decklid spoiler! I love to drive it everywhere. I always get compliments. My car has 77,000 miles on it and I get asked if it is brand new. It has ice cold A/C w/ 5 air vents! I would never trade it in for anything but another new designed Grand Prix. I feel safe and more than comfortable. I was once at a stoplight next to a new mustang, Sorry, but I left him and his pony in the dust!

Grand Prix
By Timmy Lupus on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

This car is great for the money. I got this when I graduated from college and it did not cost me and arm and a leg. Getting a new car hasn't really crossed my mind. The Grand Prix has been treating me well for the last 3 years. I have made frequent, long-distance, weekend trips with the car. It is comfortable and gets good gas milage. Passengers have noted how big and roomy the back seat is. I really like the hatch in the backseat, that opens up into the trunk. I normally have a ton of sports equipment sitting in the back seat and this makes it really easy to toss into the trunk when I need the backseat for passengers.