1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (39 reviews )
97 plymouth breeze
By car_owner4 on 01/21/13 03:24 AM (PST)

1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned my breeze about a year and i got it with 280,000 miles on it and now it has 295,000 on it and still runs like a champ. I got another vehicle and converted this one to a fwd circle car. =D worth buying for sure

horrible car
By gdgf33 on 04/30/12 19:28 PM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

its a terrible car dont buy it unless your desperate it doesnt have near enough horse power and has 1 torque per gear based on how it doesnt accelerate the seat is very uncomfortable the ride is way to soft and its looks like a lump of car also the cup holder should be renamded to the soda bottle holder cause no cup will fit in unless the cars in gear

Great car
By Dominic D on 07/20/10 20:17 PM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in Feb of 2008 and never looked back. I paid $1600 cash for it. That's really the only reason i bought it was because i could afford it and pay cash. I bought it with 130K and after the past 2 and a half years of owning it, it has given me nearly any problems. The original owner never replaced the timing belt and water pump, a mere $500 job. Other than that all I've done is oil changes and tires and plugs and wires, all done by me. Recently my passenger side lower ball joint went, but replaced it for only $140 for part and labor. Now i just want a new car thats faster and newer and 5 speed. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone!

A Breeze with a Grade B
By Space Junkie on 12/17/09 15:02 PM (PST)

1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought mine used from a now defunct dealership and over the eight years I owned it I was very pleased with its performance. It handled very well and the ride was pretty good despite the fact it wasn't one of Chrysler's top-of-the-line products. Gas mileage was good; but the 4-cylinder engine was much too underpowered for the weight of the vehicle. It never burned any oil but the brakes needed constant check ups and they tended to make a lot of noise. Mechanics's explanation: Design defect. I was lucky to purchase and own a dependable car with this one.

THE BOSS
By mike on 11/13/09 15:23 PM (PST)

1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever driven, I would totally buy another one.

Respect The Breeze
By chichi on 10/24/09 06:44 AM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Breeze has 155000 and it has had no major work done to it since we have had it. Barely any rust. The air conditioner is cooked. Now its a great winter car because the heater is great. I would get another one in a heart beat.

Can't Complain
By nick on 04/10/09 18:10 PM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought it with 143000, Had it in the shop several times, once a 1000 dollar repair. I was driving up to college one day (8 hr drive) and it just died on me in the middle of nowhere..... dead on the road while driving. Battery light comes on all the time, has died 2 other times for no reason, brake lights constantly popping on, Electric mileage display doesn't work/never did. other wise it drives nice, cup holders stink, several oil leaks........

Marathon Machine
By ken b on 07/30/08 17:22 PM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

My 1997 Plymouth Breeze has proven reliable. 230 thousand miles with only maintenance items replaced. No motor or tranny work(other than regular oil/filter changes) and I frequently hold the gas pedal to the floor until it shifts! Amazing technology on an entry level product. Mine still looks new after 11 years. Maintenance is key.

I love my Breeze
By ladybug on 07/25/08 04:58 AM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my Plymouth Breeze. I've had it for a year and a half. Bought it with about 120,000 miles on it, and have never ever had a problem with it ever. Never had a oil leak, nothing with the gasket, not a problem ever. It picks up speed pretty slow and the cup holders are weird, and the a/c compressor went (gotta expect that with an old car) but other than that it's been a great car. It now has over 146,000 miles on it and it is still going strong.

Gas saver
By keithm56 on 05/26/08 06:04 AM (PDT)

1997 Plymouth Breeze Sedan 4dr Sedan

I didn't buy the car to blow away 'Vettes at traffic lights - I gave up speed years ago. The main reason I bought the car was for fuel economy (5- speed manual). Mileage has ranged from 35.2 to 38.5 mpg. Since my commute to work is 90 miles round trip daily and since fuel costs are rising outrageously, I think I found just what I was looking for. The Breeze is large enough for comfort, yet economical enough to drive and to insure.