1992 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Reliable, yet not the funnest

1992 Plymouth Acclaim - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Reliable, yet not the funnest car
By davyflave on

1992 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

In the 2 years I owned this car (2000- 2002), the only problems I had were having to replace brake pads, and having to replace a rusted out exhaust pipe. Also, there was a bit of oil leakage, but not where pressure was needed, so it didn't affect performance. Even at 10 years, I could still out-accelerate most people on the road, and getting on highway entrance ramps were a snap. The powerful V6 engine catapulted me on demand, and the brakes worked excellently, but unfortunately not excellently enough to save itself two days ago. NOTE: The engine in my model had been rebuilt at around 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

I liked the roominess of the vehicle, as I moved from Dallas to Nashville with all of my possessions within.

Suggested Improvements

The seats were uncomfortable on long trips. The car was generally not that fun, simply standard and useful, but that might have something to do with the fact that mine was teal. Stock speakers can easily be ruined by NPR commentaries turned up to ungodly levels.